IEM's for movies? Bassy and warm? Recommendations? Currently using BLON BL-03
Mar 7, 2022 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nobank

New Head-Fier
Currently have the BLON BL03's.
A bit too trebley/crispy, otherwise good.
Would you recommend Fiio FH5 or moondrop blessing 2 dusk?
I don't want them too be sibilant at all, and the vocals can't be too forward as well. Can't be too detailed.

Will be used for movies (Netflix, blu-rays, etc) and for listening to movie soundtracks.

Budget: 50$-500$

Anything to recommend that will fit all the criterias?

Mar 7, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #2 of 5
I'm sure you could go to much higher price echelons, and I have better IEMs for music, but I use QKZ VK4 with movies and they sound just fine. They are tip-sensitive; I need large tips and had to swap in my own tips to get a good seal. But they're excellent for both dialogue and soundtrack sounds.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33008022218.html

Another warm-bottomed, dialogue-friendly choice is Geek Wold GK10, though they seem to be phasing that one out; you might look at reviews of other Geek Wold models.

There were complaints about quality control with the GK10, but I think it's just as likely people couldn't get a seal. If you're using the BL-03 you might not have seal problems at all.

Or you could look in the classifieds and buy my Penon Fans, very smooth treble.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 5
Currently have the BLON BL03's.
A bit too trebley/crispy, otherwise good.
Would you recommend Fiio FH5 or moondrop blessing 2 dusk?
I don't want them too be sibilant at all, and the vocals can't be too forward as well. Can't be too detailed.

Will be used for movies (Netflix, blu-rays, etc) and for listening to movie soundtracks.

Budget: 50$-500$

Anything to recommend that will fit all the criterias?

Check out the Final Audio E500 (not the 5000, but the 500).

This set goes around $20 USD or so, very good for binaural tracks or games/movies due to a nice soundstage and imaging. Sounds meh for normal music, but otherwise quite a good daily beater set for movies as per your request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back