IEM's ~$100 Bass? Check!!!
Jan 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

quisxx

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey dudes me again, this time I need help with a pair of in ears. My faithful V moda Vibes broke on me after 2 long years. Unfortunately I don't have the reciept or I would have used the 50% coupon on a pair of vibrato's w/o blinking an eye. For now i'm using my Bass Freq's (never noticed but I like these better than my vibes lol) and I need a 2nd or main pair of phones.  I have been looking on the board for the past 2 days reading multiple threads (including that huge awesome compilation/comparison thread with like 100+ Iems) so I think I have a bit of an idea of a few to look for. That said lets get down to business, I (think) I narrowed it down to a few, (you are more than welcome to recommend more).

1. Klipsch imag4
2.Nufroce ne700
3.RE0
4.Sony MDR-XB41Ex
5.Think sound (forgot the model #)
6.Monster Turbine

That being said, I'm looking for Bass, bass, and umm... oy yeah bass!! Of course I want some clarity and no Distortion, Good volume, and bass I can feel. Something that just feels... ALIVE you know?  Prescriptions please? and feel free to advise me of other contenders

Thank you  :)
L3000.gif

Edit: I scratched the tf10, got 2 pm's on top of a contributor to the thread telling me not to hold my breath on that price lol

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 17
1) No -- harsh treble/distortion
2) Maybe -- a pretty good performer with a lot of bass
3) No -- I guarantee you won't be satisfied with the amount of bass in RE0
4) Only happens once a year, maybe. Great bass though.
5) Dunno -- not familiar
6) Dunno this one either

Also read about the Brainwavz M2, Future Sonics (the $50-60 one), or:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BT69Z2/

Really not kidding about that one. Dsnuts introduced it as having brain rattling bass that still doesn't overpower the other frequency ranges. Haven't tested it out myself yet, but for $9, I would go for it regardless.

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #4 of 17
Get the Atrio MG7 driver models with the 50% coupon code - 99 bucks. That's my recommendation. Pretty much the best sub bass you're gonna find till twice that price. Search the deal thread for more info on the (insane) discount.

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 17
Check out the new Sony XBA series. I tried the XBA 2 yesterday and it was very bassy. It's the new series using balanced armature drivers. The number denotes the number of drivers. Hence the XBA 4 has 4 drivers two of which handle the low frequencies. 

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
Get the Atrio MG7 driver models with the 50% coupon code - 99 bucks. That's my recommendation. Pretty much the best sub bass you're gonna find till twice that price. Search the deal thread for more info on the (insane) discount.

ok, can i borrow your time machine? this "You get 100$ off the 200$ price of Atrio Mg7 drivers IEMs. Deal is valid for the next 3 days" was posted last march. lol

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
ok, can i borrow your time machine? this "You get 100$ off the 200$ price of Atrio Mg7 drivers IEMs. Deal is valid for the next 3 days" was posted last march. lol

SHouldn't be too hard, since the deal was still up 3 days ago when I used it

and give me my time machine back when you're done with it. :wink:

Jan 4, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #9 of 17
In the immortal works of Rafiki in the Lion King, "Look...haarrrder!"

This post was made 3 weeks ago

I should have followed my instinct and just done the footwork initially when I mentioned the deal, lol. I thought I might have to eventually!

Jan 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #10 of 17
O, I suppose it would have been wise to add musical tastes right lol?
Drum and bass, Hip hop, House, Trance, Things that sound like dub step (Can't stand dub step, but phones i'm looking for would excell with the dubstep sound).
Although I do listen to my Nujabes(RIP), Nomak, Nitsua, Emancipator, DJ Okawari, ect....... Just as much (if not more), I also enjoy this type of music through my bass heavy phones, sounds alive.

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #15 of 17
The Klipsch S4 are decent, but I think there are much better options nowadays.
Scratch the RE0 off your list if you want bass
I haven't heard any Sony earphones, but the EX600 can be found used on this forum for ~$100
My Atrio MG5 are still in the mail, so I can't comment yet
You might want to consider Fischer Eterna or Tandem

The FXT90 (~$120) are my main earphones right now. Bass extension is good (but most likely not as good as atrio or maybe the hippo VB), but it is punchy and quick. Everything is clear and separated with a warm sound. I listen to the same type of stuff you do, mostly prog trance and DnB, and I just apply a slight bass boost. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back