IEM with least amount of microphonics
Mar 30, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #16 of 31
Never used them, but they're just basic sized canalphones, so they should fit just find. They'll be comfortable as you don't have to worry about a wire going over your ear or any type of tri-flange that goes deep in your ear.

Mar 30, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #18 of 31
Mar 31, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone IEMs are least affected by microphonics. I think the "thump" you are referring to Peter is when a large piece of the cable suddenly hits your coat or something like that. Try and run the cable under your t-shirt up to your neck and then around the ear. You could also try a clip on the cable.

If it isn't that it is probably bone conducted noise. There is no way to get around that.

It's most likely the bone conducted noise. Doh!

Mar 31, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #22 of 31
and the more bone thumping goes on. speaking of which, i tried some bone conducting phones. i could not hear anything unless i had earplugs in or already was wearing some iems. very very strange to have music come from nowhere whilst listening to music in a noisy store.

points for interesting experience.
minus for the strange sound - the headphone was from a cheap company who i could trust about as much as my ability to hit a baseball from any pitcher.

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #23 of 31
That thumping when you walk thing goes away with time. I don't even hear anymore now. Another vote for Westones being the least microphonic.

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #24 of 31
To reduce microphonics, you should use such IEMs which use Tri-flange or Custom made earmolds that can reach the second bent in the ear canal.

All will be useless when you are eating or stepping.

Mar 31, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostWing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To reduce microphonics, you should use such IEMs which use Tri-flange or Custom made earmolds that can reach the second bent in the ear canal.

I thought that is for reducing occulsion effect, not for microphonics?

Mar 31, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's most likely the bone conducted noise. Doh!

BTW: The thump could also be the weight of the cable acting as a spring where it changes direction when you change the direction of your movement, but I guess that is not the case if you tried running the cable through your shirt
frown.gif

Too bad I guess that means it is hard for you to enjoy IEMs...

May 6, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #27 of 31
Unanimous for Westones, it seems. Do the Westones offer adequate isolation from surrounding noise, or is the low cable noise due to low sealing efficiency?

--Treadmill man

May 6, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unanimous for Westones, it seems. Do the Westones offer adequate isolation from surrounding noise, or is the low cable noise due to low sealing efficiency?

--Treadmill man

I'm pretty sure it's just due to an excellent cable. Both the Westones I've owned sealed excellently. As much as my ER-4Ps do.

May 6, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #30 of 31
If I run the cord from my pockect, up my back, and clip the clip near my collar, I am microphonic free with my ER-4P/S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back