IEM with K-Y lubricant
Oct 16, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #16 of 30
I have very small ear canals, so I always take a bit of amyl nitrate before inserting my Shure E3Cs.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=225559

i find that putting olive oil with a q-tip in my ear works the best, stays in there, not too much on sleeves, helps decompose earwax, tastes good, and when i pull out the flanges, i flip the biggest one so it doesnt get crap over it when i store it.

confused.gif
erm..............ooookkay.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif
erm..............ooookkay.

google olive oil ear wax, its a known thing. certainly a lot better than lube.

as for taste.. that is if you have a significant other.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound is better too, at least is what it looks, maybe placebo, I don't know.

I don't know either. What was this thread about again?

Quote:

The comfort (sic) is a lot better.

An age old argument, if truth be told.

Quote:

It is convenient too, just take the lubricant tube with you anywhere.

Don't need to tell me that twice. No, wait. Let me write that down...

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #22 of 30
Being a moderator I'd assume me you shoud have a more unbiased/sarcastic talk. In no moment I tried to joke anybody, just forgot to tell I was still testing the lubricant. Sorry if I got you wrong (I just said, my english isn't very good in the beggining). I'm not here to fight or anything (I'm in peace), I just like music and this place looks to be one of the best arround to collect/share information.
The tests still isn't complete, but I can say that sound clearly got better (better bass and resolution). I never got better sound with any tips (with water) nor foamies, both in any size.
Confort is better?
Yes, it is, at lest to me.
I always got some feeling that the tips were sucking out of my ear canal, so I think volume (not sound volume) would increase, internal ear canal air pressure drop, so the sound wouldn't be good (here again, just thoughts, I'm not a pro in physics).
I'd never try the olive oil because of its nature, it 'd react with silicon, like condoms, but I'll make a try.
Being redundant is a common thing in protuguese, I'm sorry if it is a bad thing in english, and I appologize again to everybody fo any thing I caused.

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #25 of 30
Thanks for the cleaning tip.

Once I read something in portuguese that said: "don't use oil based lubricant (butter, and kichen oil) with condoms, they'll react and the condom will break".
That's why I tried water-based lubricant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back