IEM with better or as good Bass as the Super.Fi 5 EB
Nov 23, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #16 of 18
Look very hard at the new sennheiser IE6, 7 and eight. They use a dynamic driver and are therefor much better at giving strong bass with impact unlike armature designs that do give the frequency but fail to shift the volume of air required to give strong impact (as in you feel it as well as hear it) like a speaker. the IE range are amongst the best and smallest dynamics you can bye and do not lack the quality expected from IEMs. They also offer a very large soundstage and overall pressence.

On the down side, althogh it is adiquate the issolation provided by these IEMs is not the best out there. I dont know when comply will offer a set of tips but when they do im sure this will solve this small niggle.

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so the klipsch custom-3 have similar bass to the EB'S?

no, nothing like it. custom3 has tighter bass. eb has huge bass. i'm not sure how many amp it but when you give eb some power. it sound different. differently good. i was using it with my sr71a and wow, those bass are like thunder. most people use the word fun and i think i can use the words exciting for describing the bass. unbelievable.

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i also agree with you 100% the m5 bass is better, but bass comes in 2 varieties. booming or tight. the EB's boom more and i think this is what the OP is after, i do honestly believe he wont appreciate the tight qualities of the m5 or similar phones when his ears will crave that bloat.

do the M5/8s still give good punch at the lower end? e.g. bass drum kick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back