IEM with AptX <$200 for office use
Nov 13, 2017 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Tubakien

New Head-Fier
Hello

I'm looking for some IEMs that I can use around the office, mostly to listen to music and tune out external noise while I work. Ideally, they would be magnetic and easily concealable under my polo collar that I wear normally.

I prioritize SQ and value over all else, and I really do not want to get wired earbuds. To use as a point of reference, here are my favorite sounding headphones that I've recently previewed from best to worst: B&W P7 Wireless, B&O H9, B&W PX, Audio Technica DSR9BT, AKG 702, Sony MDR1000X.

I've tried to use https://www.aptx.com's list of headphones, but without a filter or sort of any kind the list is pretty useless.

I'm looking at the current IEMs, but would love any input on the one's I've listed or any recommendations that you have. All prices are taken from Amazon.com

- ($150) Sennheiser HD1.
- ($80 refurbished) Klipsch R6.
- ($120) Sony SDH80BK. I heard these were flimsy, but have great SQ
- ($26) TaoTronics Wireless Earbuds. Chinese brand and cheap, but a best seller on Amazon.

Nov 14, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 10
Nov 14, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #7 of 10
hi there

Get the Sennheiser Momentum Free (HD1 Free)

https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/headphones-bluetooth-momentum-free

I got them last night and I am very impressed by their SQ and fitting. They offer some level of noise cancellation and good level of sound isolation.

They'd be perfect for the office and for commuting on train/tube.

Cheers
Riaz

The Momentum Free don't have noise cancellation (ANC), only passive sound isolation. Noise cancellation and sound isolation aren't the same.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #8 of 10
The Momentum Free don't have noise cancellation (ANC), only passive sound isolation. Noise cancellation and sound isolation aren't the same.

hey mate, yes I should've been clear. These offer pretty decent passive noice cancellation and the sound isolation (i.e. leakage of sound to the outside world) is good too. Thanks for stepping in :thumbsup:

I am loving them and having the captune app really does help get the sound right for your musical taste. If only the captune app supported Spotify too!

Cheers
Riaz

Dec 18, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #9 of 10
Dec 18, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back