IEM vs Full-sized headphone graphs
Aug 19, 2014 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ubs28

Headphoneus Supremus
Red = Denon AH-D7100
Blue = Shure SE846

Based on these graph it would appear the Shure SE846 with the blue filter has a similar sound signature with respect to the full-sized Denon headphone with the Denon sounding more neutral. Based on my ears, it's actually quite the oppositie, the Shure SE846 sounds quite balanced (not far of neutral) while the Denon sounds like a very coloured headphone . Are my ears strange or do IEM's and full-sized headphone measure differently and can't be compared in graphs?

Aug 19, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #2 of 4
IEMs and full sized headphones cannot be compared in graphs due to the way human ears work.

Aug 19, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #4 of 4
Red = Denon AH-D7100
Blue = Shure SE846

Based on these graph it would appear the Shure SE846 with the blue filter has a similar sound signature with respect to the full-sized Denon headphone with the Denon sounding more neutral. Based on my ears, it's actually quite the oppositie, the Shure SE846 sounds quite balanced (not far of neutral) while the Denon sounds like a very coloured headphone . Are my ears strange or do IEM's and full-sized headphone measure differently and can't be compared in graphs?

Time domain is not represented and plays a key role in how things sound. Seal and tip selection can play roles as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back