IEM that has clarity with the best bass?
Mar 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #151 of 169

Quote:
Glad you like them
biggrin.gif
I had a hunch you'd like them, what with your stated preference for strong bass and clear highs
etysmile.gif

Agree about comfort too--I like the tips they come with so much I put them on just about every other IEM I have / had, including the Etymotic ER-4P. (a de-cored comply tip served as a step-up adapter to make the 4P's tube wide enough to secure the Philips tips)  But I think they're silicone
wink.gif

The only thing you might not like so much about them right now is the cable memorizing its tangled state out of the box.  With regular use the cable breaks in and becomes straight and well behaved.  At that point these even start resembling respectable-looking hifi equipment, what with the classy minimalist driver shells and I-plug.
tongue_smile.gif
Someone suggested hanging them down straight from something like a nail in the wall could speed up the break in.

Yeah I thought so with what you said about them and the way you still recommend it to alot of people :p

Oh are they? On the packaging it said rubber, don't know anyway... I don't get this feeling with regular black silicone tips that other earphones have. Whatever they are, they are great.

I'll just use them everyday, I think the cables will soon start to turn back to their original straight shape then.

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #153 of 169
You're right it says rubber on the package.  I just thought all tips that were not foam were silicone
redface.gif
Anyway, I like these because they're less grippy on the ears than most other tips I tried.  Funny, I would've thought rubber would be *more* grippy, not less.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 16, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #154 of 169

Quote:
You're right it says rubber on the package.  I just thought all tips that were not foam were silicone
redface.gif
Anyway, I like these because they're less grippy on the ears than most other tips I tried.  Funny, I would've thought rubber would be *more* grippy, not less.

Yep. They are rubber, and I like the sensation of feeling them. It makes me and my ears happy :D I prefer it to silicone. The housings of this earphone is so small that you it gets into your ear itself too! Kind of gets lost in my ears :p

Quote:
Oh yea. Those will grow on you too. The more you listen to those the more you will like em.

Cool, I think this thing is worth every penny.

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #155 of 169
If you have access to some eq try n eq the bass end for a bit more. Those can go basshead levels. Try out all your bass heavy tunes you will be surprised even more. These little buds can reach where most will fail..Bass tuning they did extremely well on these SHE3580s.

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #156 of 169

Quote:
If you have access to some eq try n eq the bass end for a bit more. Those can go basshead levels. Try out all your bass heavy tunes you will be surprised even more. These little buds can reach where most will fail..Bass tuning they did extremely well on these SHE3580s.

To be honest I used the "bass booster" option on iPod classic, but I preferred it without. But I was impressed with the bass on these when I used that EQ.

Apr 9, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #158 of 169
I purchased these headphones from target this week and test drove them on my way to work this morning.

first off I am very dissapointed with the bass on these things. i am using the ear tips that are on it when you first buy it. I didnt try to use the smaller ones yet, ill try that later on tonight.

my ME Electronics that i purchaed before had better bass, but let me change the tips and see what my results are. I'll post an update tonight.

Apr 9, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #159 of 169

Quote:
I purchased these headphones from target this week and test drove them on my way to work this morning.

first off I am very dissapointed with the bass on these things. i am using the ear tips that are on it when you first buy it. I didnt try to use the smaller ones yet, ill try that later on tonight.

my ME Electronics that i purchaed before had better bass, but let me change the tips and see what my results are. I'll post an update tonight.

Are you sure you have got a good seal? And as mentioned in the reviews they are sensitive to insertion depth, therefore you shouldn't push them too far or not push them in much at all.

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #160 of 169
Quote:
Try contacting a Sonystyle near you or sony.co.uk.

I haven't heard the XBA-3 since my Sonystyle doesn't have it yet, I'd like to see if XBA-3 or XBA-4 is better.

Just an update, I have the XBA-3 now and I've heard the XBA-4.

I don't like either of them, sorry for recommending them in this thread.

I have the JVC FX500 now too, it hardly has any clarity at all either.

If you really want clarity, Etymotic ER-4P + 75 ohm + bass boost.

If you really want bass, the Final Audio Adagio II and Adagio III are pretty intense.

Jul 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #165 of 169
+1 on the Philips. I'm seriously going to buy a pair when my paycheck arrives. Dammit I've already signed up for more iems to come.. How do you say no to more iems? Maybe when I actually get them it'll be easier not to shop more.. But the Philips are great. I didn't really read in depth if you got them or not. Snipe down the higher mid peaks and add some warmth via EQ. It's pretty insane. Or you can just use them stock and get used to the sound. It's not very offensive once your ears get used to it. Just feed them quality recordings, no sibilant rock. Only well produced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back