IEM-s for 145$
Jun 14, 2010 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

hondaa

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I'm looking for new IEM, right now, i have been using Skullcandy FMJ for 2 months, but i am not satisfied with them.
Some things to make it easier to recommend
* Mostly I listen to dance, DnB, house
* I like bass, there should be a lot of it but not like boomboom, more clear but deep :D well i think you get the point, much bass!
* Mids should be there, not over or underwhelming.
* Highs are same as mids, I dont like, that when i turn up the volume, highs will become overwhelming.
* Isolation is important, other people should not hear, what i am listening and i dont want to hear them either
* Overall sound should be natural and clear
If anyone have tried Skullcandys (yeah I know, more style than sound :) ), then the isolation on Ink'd is what i am looking for and the comfort of FMJ.

I have exploring this forum for 2-3 days, but there are just too many review-s and opinions. SO i thought it would be easier to just ask.

Thank you!!!!!!

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #2 of 12

Quote:
* I like bass, there should be a lot of it but not like boomboom, more clear but deep :D well i think you get the point, much bass!
* Highs are same as mids, I dont like, that when i turn up the volume, highs will become overwhelming.
* Isolation is important, other people should not hear, what i am listening and i dont want to hear them either

me been using etymotic for quite some time already. me think it fits your needs, since you mention you don't need it to boom boom pow. welcome to head-fi man. it's nice being here.

Jun 14, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #5 of 12
Jun 14, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

you really dont want etys.

take a look into the ViSang RO3 or Brainwavz M2 (they are the same thing) i think thats probably what you actually want.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/481178/visang-r03-review

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/479481/visang-r03-review-a-budget-fi-paradigm-shift

Came here to say the same thing. You probably don't want Etys for DnB. The R03 has a similar fit to the FMJ/TiTans but more comfortable due to being smaller in size and more round around the edges. Ink'd buds are easy to beat on isolation - the R03 should do that easily.

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #7 of 12
No Etys, x3, for bass. Otherwise, the 6is are seriously good phones. I just fell in love all over again with mine.

I'm having a surprisingly good time with my Denon C710s. They have clearer, more present highs than the rest of their line, while the bass reminds of the field artillery of the Atrios. My prior favorite at this price point were Turbines, but the 710 clarity has them beat, and at the same price.

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #8 of 12
I second what others said up there. Only get the Etymotic, if you want extremely precise, controlled, tight bass with little reverberation. It's extremely detailed and analytical. If you're used to the Skullcandy already, switching to the Ety will make you say "Oh my good Lord, where is the bass!" 
biggrin.gif

You should read some of the IjokerI's reviews, and should follow his advice to an extend. After all, no one hears the same. So find something that suits you. Also check out ClieOS reviews too. 

Jun 14, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #9 of 12
after looking ljokerl reviews, 3 IEM caught my eye

Monster Turbine
Klipsch Image S4
Visang R03

Monster costs about 2x more than Visang, so, some words about them too

Jun 14, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #10 of 12
 Radius DDM Maybe little over your budget but these has big soundstage, detailed mids, plenty of deep bass, clear highs and they compete well with highend IEMs like SE530, W3, IE8, MTP Copper, FX700.

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #11 of 12

klipsch custom 3 , will meet all your needs and matches your requirements , excellent sound and value for money at around $130
Quote:
Hello!

I'm looking for new IEM, right now, i have been using Skullcandy FMJ for 2 months, but i am not satisfied with them.
Some things to make it easier to recommend
* Overall sound should be natural and clear
If anyone have tried Skullcandys (yeah I know, more style than sound :) ), then the isolation on Ink'd is what i am looking for and the comfort of FMJ.

I have exploring this forum for 2-3 days, but there are just too many review-s and opinions. SO i thought it would be easier to just ask.

Thank you!!!!!!

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
after looking ljokerl reviews, 3 IEM caught my eye

Monster Turbine
Klipsch Image S4
Visang R03

Monster costs about 2x more than Visang, so, some words about them too

Well that should tell you all you need to know. The Turbines aren't actually better than the R03 but they cost more than 2x as much... not good. The difference between the two to my ears is that the Turbines have a bit more bass extension and marginally better positioning. In every other way the R03 is at least as good. The S4 is more hard-hitting than both the R03 and Turbines but I enjoy it less than the other two due to the harsh treble and weak(er) midrange. The treble of the R03 is really very smooth and inoffensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back