IEM recommendations for work in a noisy environment
Apr 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ThirtySixBelow

Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy a set of nice IEMs and will mostly be listening to them at work. I work in a lab where there are a lot of people talking and a lot of electronics resulting in an ever present humming noise. Due to the environment I would like something that isolates the noise. I'm looking to spend around $250 and would like something that has nice lows as I like to listen to electronic music while I work. Since I will be wearing them for extended periods of time comfort is a factor, even if it takes some getting used to. These will be plugged into a computer, unamplified. I've done some research on the forum and the choices below seem to be some of the most popular in my price range.

I would like to know based on the music I like and how I intend to use them, if any of these choices become a clear winner. 

ATH-CKS1000

UE TF10

Shure SE315

JVC FXZ200

Here are some examples of the type of music I like to listen to. 

Diablo swing orchestra - Voodoo

Swedish House Mafia - Greyhound

Opeth - Harvest

Knife Party - Bonfire

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #2 of 2
tf120 are a great choice for the music you like. probably the best universal iem for the best IMO as far as sound quality is concerned.

the only problem with the tf10 i see is if you get a good fit and good seal. some people complain of fitment issues and bneing too big ect.

personally i had the tf10 and they fit perfect for me no fitment issues. sound quality is great, i too listen to techno,dance,trance,dubstep,chillstep,ect ect ect and found them to play those genres very well.

noise isolation is great with the new se line, problem is i personally dont feel the 315 live up to standards as far as sound quality is concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back