IEM Recommendations for the Gym for a Listener who likes the Shure SE535s
Dec 3, 2011 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

newguy

100+ Head-Fier
I have been happily listening to the Shure SE535s for almost a year.  I just returned the iPhone cable because the cord had frayed.  Shure promptly replaced it.  They really do honor their warranty and their customer service is prompt. 

I would like to have a less expensive IEM for going to the gym and would welcome recommendations.  I would like for it to have a mic and controls for an iPhone.

Dec 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 5
I have no recommendations other than the SE535's, which I wear to the gym all the time. I find the isolation beneficial as it helps me to focus on the work out, instead of talking to other gym members or otherwise socializing (which, to me, is a waste of my time at the gym...socializing, I mean) ... and also, since gym time/running is sort of a Zen(tm) thing for me, I find the fact that I can hear my breathing to also be really nice.

Previously, I wore my SE530's and was a bit afraid of damaging them. But with the SE535's? I could care less. I'll just pick up a new cable from Shure if I damage it.

Wish I had more to recommend but other than my Shure's, all I have are some flimsy ass IEM's that came with my Samsung Infuse (which, though flimsy, sound fairly good)..

Good luck, mang.

Rock.

.j

Dec 3, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
I have been happily listening to the Shure SE535s for almost a year.  I just returned the iPhone cable because the cord had frayed.  Shure promptly replaced it.  They really do honor their warranty and their customer service is prompt. 

I would like to have a less expensive IEM for going to the gym and would welcome recommendations.  I would like for it to have a mic and controls for an iPhone.

I know the SE535s are very expensive, so if you're worried...maybe pick up a pair of SE215s?

Dec 3, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the responses.  I am inclined to stick with the 535s, especially considering the cable is replaceable.  I guess they have spoiled me 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back