IEM recommendation (PL30 disappointment)
Sep 11, 2010 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

cibibikeru

New Head-Fier
Hi, I own a pair of Koss SortaPro and wanted to buy some IEM's for greater portability and noise isolation.
I own a Sansa Clip+, listen mostly to pop, rock music and variations, full of details and instruments, like Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Alan Parson, Led Zeppelin, Police, Dave Matthews Band and many many others.
So I got a pair of SoundMagic PL30 after reading this forum.
I will start by saying that the SportaPros are the perfect headphones for me, the only thing I can complain about is too much upper-bass, nothing else, it can be fixed with a custom eq.
So I ordered these magic PL30s hoping I would get the same opened, forward, dinamic  sound but instead I got laid back mid-oriented sound.
Don't get me wrong, they sound very good, it's just different, I don't find them dinamic, forward, I have the impression that the sound is somehow colored, the highs are present but somehow hidden by the mids, the SportaPros are brighter, it's like you hear the band in front of you, with the PL30 it's like the band is singing behind a curtain, I tried setting a custom eq and they just dont sound like the sportapro's.
Will I be able to find sportapro sounding same budget IEMs? (30$)
What do you recommend? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back