IEM Recommendation.. here's what I like
Nov 3, 2010 at 9:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bil2k

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for recommendations for IEMs. I prob don't want to spend more than $100 as I have a tendency to lose IEMs or accidentally wash them :\

Here is what I have heard and my impressions, so that you guys can hopefully steer me in the right direction:

Apple's Dual Driver IEM - Initially sounded too dark, but then I grew to like the vocal clarity a lot. Bass was well defined, but always lacking. I think due to their darker nature, I never got listening fatigue. Enjoyed the remote controls for my iPhone.

Klipsch S4 - Vocals and highs a bit muddled. Bass was just too heavy for me. 

Sony MDR-V6 headphones - A bit bright sometimes, but very clean sounding. Bass would be perfect is it was just a tad more pronounced. My favorite sounding headphones by far.

So basically I'm looking for something as an IEM that is most similar to the MDR-V6's, but perhaps a little less bright so that my ears don't get fatigued. If it had the remote controls for the iPhone4, that'd be fantastic but not required. Any ideas?

-Bill

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 2
H20 surge mini-pro, they're bright blue so you shouldn't lose them and they are fully waterproof. (I've washed mine quite a few times)

If that's a bit overkill (and there are better under $100) then how about the beyer dtx80? Head-Direct re0 is good but you might find bass a bit lacking (i'm not well up on the ADDIEM). If you want a mic then I can't help as the only one I have heard and used is more than $100.

Give this thread a read, it would be a sticky by now if this forum fomat allowed them.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-115-iems-compared-monster-miles-davis-tribute-added-10-17

Oh, and Welcome to head-fi! Sorry about your Wallet.

etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back