Iem/porable for 100$ need tips.
Mar 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
The Turbine, Sony XB90EX, JVC FX3X and FXD80 are great for genres music and portable headphones like Sony XB800 and Skullcandy Aviator are also good buy.

What have you observed about each model's sonics? I do assume you own or have spent some good listening time with all of the items you've recommended? I'm sure the OP would benefit from knowing a bit more of the specifics of each you've heard.

May I refresh what the posting guidelines here state:

Please don't recommend equipment you don't own or otherwise don't have a reasonable amount of familiarity with. You wouldn't recommend someone a car you've never driven or suggest someone live in a country you haven't been to, so recommending headphones and equipment you haven't owned or used is unhelpful. Even if you've seen the same comments about something from a dozen members, save discussion of that if you're intending to buy it yourself.

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

What have you observed about each model's sonics? I do assume you own or have spent some good listening time with all of the items you've recommended? I'm sure the OP would benefit from knowing a bit more of the specifics of each you've heard.

May I refresh what the posting guidelines here state:

Please don't recommend equipment you don't own or otherwise don't have a reasonable amount of familiarity with. You wouldn't recommend someone a car you've never driven or suggest someone live in a country you haven't been to, so recommending headphones and equipment you haven't owned or used is unhelpful. Even if you've seen the same comments about something from a dozen members, save discussion of that if you're intending to buy it yourself.

I suggest you should take break and think about what you are doing on this forum because you are continuisly following my posts and posting bad comments on it. Iam using this forum to very long time(since it started 2002) and own many IEMs(almost all) and spent enough time to recommend those IEMs here, so find someone else to target and good luck with your experienced knowledge about IEMs(seen much here).

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:
I suggest you should take break and think about what you are doing on this forum because you are continuisly following my posts and posting bad comments on it. Iam using this forum to very long time(since it started 2002) and own many IEMs(almost all) and spent enough time to recommend those IEMs here, so find someone else to target and good luck with your experienced knowledge about IEMs(seen much here).

Actually it had been around ~2001. This was after Headwize of course.

I feel as if I need to re-post these for posterity's sake - 
Quote:
ZARIM has been asked by other members on numerous occasions (including myself) whether he has ever heard or owned any of the expensive IEMs he recommends. To date, I do not recall him ever responding to anyone's queries - but I do recall him PM'ing me in the past to ask my opinion on some earphones, and then (with no acknowledgement at all of my PM) he posted practically word for word what I'd said about them as if they were his own observations.

People here who are considering laying out a lot of money on gear have the right to know whether the person recommending it has actually ever heard it. It's easy enough to qualify an opinion by saying: "I haven't actually heard these, but I've read some very good reviews" and then perhaps include a link to a thread where the potential buyer can get some information from members who have hands-on experience with the gear.

Since it's against Head-Fi policy to recommend gear you haven't heard, it's perfectly acceptable to ask ZARIM, and anyone else recommending gear - if they've heard it or not, and to expect a response - yes or no!

Quote:
I'm simply trying to get you to offer something other than a 'recommendation list'. You populate various 'seeking advice threads' with your suggestions, without ever offering any of your own observations. Not once do you ever say 'I heard a very wide soundstage, but it is compressed top-to-bottom', or 'very good instrument tone compared to the IE8 I have' (and so-on and so-on). One is left doubting whether you have ever owned, or even personally heard, any of the pricey gear you recommend. 

And yes, I would not doubt the ER4P/S offer a detailed and extended sound, but what have you observed yourself? Does it have bite? Is it detailed yet smooth? How do they compare/differ specifically with any of the other IEM's you've owned? I am left to believe you just regurgitate what you've read by others for each of your 'recommendations'. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

We are not purposefully trying to persecute you because it somehow strikes us fancy. For the sake of the newcomers that come along and just so happen to take your word blindly, potentially entrusting the words of someone who may only have second-hand experience with the items at hand, it would be outrageous and irresponsible for people not to call you out. 

The question stands - how would we know if you have truly tried these out, when all of the evidence has pointed the other way? This is not some random, arbitrary, spur-of-the-moment thing -  as you have mentioned, you have been on the forums for quite a while, but have continued to do the same thing as you have always done.

As people have reminded you again and again, recommending hear you have no experience with is against the rules of the TOS. It's a wonder how mods have yet to notice any of this sooner.

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:
Actually it had been around ~2001. This was after Headwize of course.

I feel as if I need to re-post these for posterity's sake - 

Quote:

We are not purposefully trying to persecute you because it somehow strikes us fancy. For the sake of the newcomers that come along and just so happen to take your word blindly, potentially entrusting the words of someone who may only have second-hand experience with the items at hand, it would be outrageous and irresponsible for people not to call you out. 

The question stands - how would we know if you have truly tried these out, when all of the evidence has pointed the other way? This is not some random, arbitrary, spur-of-the-moment thing -  as you have mentioned, you have been on the forums for quite a while, but have continued to do the same thing as you have always done.

As people have reminded you again and again, recommending hear you have no experience with is against the rules of the TOS. It's a wonder how mods have yet to notice any of this sooner.

I think you, cn11 and many others atleast need to check the couple of pics in my album and my buy and sell history, the answer willbe there and yes i own these IEMs. I was one of those few who pre-order UE TF10Pro when they launched and own UE SF5Pro, 5EB, Shure E500, SE535, UE10Pro(custom, pics available in album), JVC FX500, FX700, JH13Pro, GR07, RE272, Klipsch Custom 3, Image X10, Image X5 and many other IEMs.

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #22 of 23
they do offer a sound upgrade, SE215SPE/LTD is better and i would reccomend them or hisound wooduo2

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #23 of 23
Ill throw out a set that people havent KOSS KDX 200 ....

although im thinking of getting the shure SE215 myself. The KOSS have been my go to sets since ive had them.

Lucky enough to snag 4 sets for $1 during one of best buys pricing error.

kept 2 for myself (one is at home and the other is in my laptop backpack) and i gave the other 2 to my nephews. They love them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back