IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Jan 28, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #1,576 of 2,094
Then FiiO may be a good choice. Or even the Xelento, in Spain they cost between 500 and 600 € when they are in offer.
Oh thanks, didn't know this model, i own the dt1990 from beyer and I love them.

I was also seeing the CA mammoth but on amazon.it are for sale at 600euros, I think a little overpriced, and maybe are too much on the bass side.

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #1,577 of 2,094

I was also seeing the CA mammoth but on amazon.it are for sale at 600euros, I think a little overpriced, and maybe are too much on the bass side.
Mammoth are 490euros retail. Don't pay more than retail. They aren't seemingly very popular.

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #1,578 of 2,094
I'm going to chime in with the Oriveti O400. Not crazy popular but this thread popped up while I'm sitting here listening to the latest Architects album on them and I think they are amazing for heavy music. Amazing bass for an all BA IEM, mids are maybe the best I've heard, warm/smooth treble. Well staged. All around simply awesome for the price.

Jan 28, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #1,579 of 2,094
Mammoth are 490euros retail. Don't pay more than retail. They aren't seemingly very popular.
Yeah, would be really a waste, American stuff when it comes to Europe is always super overpriced.
Unfortunately there isn't a large choice on amazon.it...

Jan 29, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #1,580 of 2,094

I would avoid all these latest CA models.
If you are looking for an incredibly comfortable and very fun IEM, with one of the best punches in bass, the Xelento is a very good option.

Jan 29, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #1,581 of 2,094
I would avoid all these latest CA models.
If you are looking for an incredibly comfortable and very fun IEM, with one of the best punches in bass, the Xelento is a very good option.
I don't know CA very well, they have some attractive models, but don't know if they worth the money. I'll take a look to Xelento, and I'm viewing also the SA6 from Dunu, I'm reading a lot of good things about this one.

Jan 29, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #1,582 of 2,094
I don't know CA very well, they have some attractive models, but don't know if they worth the money. I'll take a look to Xelento, and I'm viewing also the SA6 from Dunu, I'm reading a lot of good things about this one.
The Dunu SA6 is very good, but it can be the extreme opposite of the Xelento.

The SA6 is relaxed, calm, without much punch in the bass and with a smooth treble.

The Xelento is a bass cannon, and it has a very enhanced trebme, it is the quintessential V-IEM, the definition of fun sound.

Jan 29, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #1,583 of 2,094
The Dunu SA6 is very good, but it can be the extreme opposite of the Xelento.

The SA6 is relaxed, calm, without much punch in the bass and with a smooth treble.

The Xelento is a bass cannon, and it has a very enhanced trebme, it is the quintessential V-IEM, the definition of fun sound.
You're very helpful man, thanks, i was reading about the xelento and seems very interesting iem, although I don't want it to be too much v shaped, I want an Iem with very good mids, but not too flat and neutral.
So now my indecision is among fiio fh9, dunu sa6, beyer xelento.

Jan 29, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #1,585 of 2,094
Whelp I think my search is over. Moondrop Variations.

More technically proficient than the 3DTs. Very comfy. Very punchy.
I do wish there were a little more midrange, but that's about it. Fantastic IEMs for heavy genres.

Jan 30, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #1,586 of 2,094
N8 64Audio Hardcore & Metal (War of Ages)
I think bass of it is really impressive, punchy and deep

Feb 3, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #1,588 of 2,094
Is 7hz Timeless with Metal recommended?

I am also considering Sennheiser IE300 and Etymotic ER4XR.

I really liked the Hifiman Ananda as over-ear, with Metal and in general.
7hz are in the list of this guy for recommended iems for metal

Feb 3, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #1,589 of 2,094
7hz are in the list of this guy for recommended iems for metal

Thanks, I'm watching the video ... but immediately he mention the Blon BL-03 I had and that frankly with music like extreme metal, faster and more intricate, they were a bloated unlistenable mess. Maybe the worst IEMs I've tried with Black or Death Metal music.

Feb 3, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #1,590 of 2,094
Thanks, I'm watching the video ... but immediately he mention the Blon BL-03 I had and that frankly with music like extreme metal, faster and more intricate, they were a bloated unlistenable mess. Maybe the worst IEMs I've tried with Black or Death Metal music.
7Hz is pretty good for extreme metal. Almost as good as my MEST mkii. There are benefits and reservations with both of them, honestly. I have no perfect choice for you, sorry.
Timeless is def fast enough and layering is adequate to pretty good, and so is low dynamic range forgiveness, all good there. The planar timbre doesn't really affect metal the same way as it does rock and jazz, also good, I don't mind it. Sometimes I even prefer it.

They do have, like the MEST, a treble peak that can suck for drums sometimes. But that is true for most of the high performing monitors out there.
You walk that tightrope between smooth listenability and the tuning higher fidelity requires to actually be "higher fidelity". It simultaneously reveals and destroys the organics of a badly recorded metal album. Usually by boosting frequencies that are so smashed its just atonal noise.

Simply though, Timeless, for the money, are great choice for extreme metal. They almost beat out the MEST and at 1/7th the price, which is not bad at all.
When the music starts slowing down you may have more issues with the 7Hz, but for the fast hard stuff, its pretty damn good.

I also have a BL-03. And I have used it exactly twice for 5 min each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back