IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Jul 7, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #1,247 of 2,106
what would u guys suggest for sub 100~ iem for mostly metal, rock and punk? Is the final A4000 or the moondrop aria a great choice?
TRN BA5,
for a pure tonality wise the Aria is great but it cannot keep up with a fast metal track,

Jul 12, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #1,248 of 2,106
Hi there guys thought I would give you an update in how I am finding the 64 Audio Nio as i hoped they are quite nice step up over Shure SE 846. While no were as dark as the Shure im still finding them a little dark and not enough treble detail and volume .Bass and mids are very good .Certain recordings just dont have the treble detail and retrieval that say my ZMF Autuer have on the same recording with the same gear .So the search continues to find a set IEM im happy with .

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #1,249 of 2,106
Hi there guys thought I would give you an update in how I am finding the 64 Audio Nio as i hoped they are quite nice step up over Shure SE 846. While no were as dark as the Shure im still finding them a little dark and not enough treble detail and volume .Bass and mids are very good .Certain recordings just dont have the treble detail and retrieval that say my ZMF Autuer have on the same recording with the same gear .So the search continues to find a set IEM im happy with .
Which module are you using with the Nio? Have you tried the MX?

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #1,250 of 2,106
No i have not tried will give a go tomorrow .Been using one it was delivered with 15 i think .

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #1,251 of 2,106
No i have not tried will give a go tomorrow .Been using one it was delivered with 15 i think .
Gotcha. I find the MX too bass-light for my liking but it does help put more emphasis on the mids/upper mids and adds a touch more air to the treble. Evens everything out a bit. Wondering how you'll find it in comparison to your Auteur.

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #1,252 of 2,106
Which module are you using with the Nio? Have you tried the MX?
Good point, definitely worth a try. Looking at the frequency response, the MX reigns in the bass substantially, creating more room for other frequencies to shine through.

1626094640067.png

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #1,253 of 2,106
Just gave Nio quick listen with MX yes it did improve treble a bit but not enough and bass is gone which i liked with the 15 .

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #1,254 of 2,106
Just gave Nio quick listen with MX yes it did improve treble a bit but not enough and bass is gone which i liked with the 15 .
Yeah, it really does attenuate the bass substantially in comparison to the M15 and M20. There are third party modules available from FiR Audio. I have not heard it, but supposedly the N0 module strikes a nice middle ground between MX and M15. Unsure if that's something worth pursuing though as it sounds like the treble still won't be quite to your liking regardless of the module used.

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #1,255 of 2,106
Based on what you're looking for, I think other IEMs worth exploring include Trio, Fourte and EE LX.

Jul 12, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #1,256 of 2,106
Tried experimenting with tips? If using foam switch over to silicone or try a different source if you have one.

Jul 12, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #1,257 of 2,106
Get a Mest and don't look back.

Jul 12, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #1,258 of 2,106
  • Im using SednaEarfit XELASTEC so silicone already , i have a AK SP1000M coming in a couple of days to try instead of my DX220 . I think might sell a few things off and try EE LX .

Jul 12, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #1,259 of 2,106
ok,
For your preference,
I can recommend the end game for you.

1. Elysian Acoustic Labs X
2. Fir Audio M5
3. JQ White Knight
4. Shuoer EJ07M

Search for something that have a neutral subbass, little bit thicker lower mid, subdued upper mid, extended upper treble/air

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back