IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Feb 8, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #917 of 2,106
Thanks for the recommendations. The price range of the EJ07, POLA, Starlight4, ST7, Monarch and Clairvoyance seems like a good batch of options. However I think I'm going to put a cap on spending at under $600. There's a number of JH Rosies available used, probably because it's been around a few years. AME Gravitas is currently on sale, any opinions on that? Or UM Mini MEST?

Feb 8, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #918 of 2,106
Lotta people in here talking about the Fearless S8F/Pro, can't speak personally but they seem to get a lot of love.

Feb 8, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #920 of 2,106
I got Final Audio a4000 today and they sound incredibile for my taste, fast, precise, tight, airy, detailed, crispy without being harsh. I'm listening right now to Sons of Apollo God of the Sun and Portnoy's double bass drum work is rendered effortlessy, amazing!
Just for info , I got , tried and returned KZ BA10, and Moondrop Starfield.
When today I tried a4000 ootb, I fell in love.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #921 of 2,106
Hi, i'm using qudelix 5k.
Can you recommended me a iem for metal.
My budget below 200$.
Thanks
First thought: KBEar Believe. Some of us had some issues with the filters trapping moisture but I think we're in the minority.
I agree, it’s a very good option.
Fiio FH3, superb separation and imaging,
if you could stretch it more, Fiio FD5,
I agree, these are 2 more great options, though the FD5 is over budget,
Lotta people in here talking about the Fearless S8F/Pro, can't speak personally but they seem to get a lot of love.
I personally don’t like the S8P that much, even though I definitely have respect for it, but that’s just me. I would recommend making sure you don’t mind intense upper midrange and you like all-BA sound before getting a Fearless S8.

Other options:
- KZ DQ6 - very affordable, with surprisingly fast bass, and a lot of detail.
- KZ BA10 - if the shape doesn’t deter you, it is a very detailed sounding all-BA IEM, with a lot of bass. I actually prefer its stock tuning to the S8P, though the S8P is technically superior.

- Jade Audio EA1 - an overall balanced sound signature.
- Shozy Form 1.1 - if you like a lot of bass, and don’t mind a warm sound signature
- UrbanFun YBF - lots of detailed bass, fun sounding, **poor QC is a bit issue**
- Those previously mentioned.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #922 of 2,106
I'll throw in for the KZ ZSX on the sub-$50 side of things. Still really impressed with that li'l fella.

Feb 8, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #924 of 2,106
Thanks, will take a look at KBEar Believe or FH3.
that is a good option,
the Believe need more power than the FH3,
so make sure you have a good source.

Feb 9, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #926 of 2,106
I got the FD5 in my ears right now and while I can definitely say they are, by a stretch, my favorite IEMs that I can recall ever having (the Periodic Be is the only one from memory that challenges them, which I guess means I'm a beryllium person), but going from under $200 to over $300 is probably too far.
I've had the Periodic BE for a few months now and am enjoying these a lot for Metal, hve them paired with Cayin N3 Pro

Feb 9, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #927 of 2,106
I've had the Periodic BE for a few months now and am enjoying these a lot for Metal, hve them paired with Cayin N3 Pro

The Be is amazing, my only complaint is the fixed cable is a disaster waiting to happen, which is why I no longer have mine. There is genuinely no good reason for a $300 product to have a fixed cable.

Feb 10, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #928 of 2,106
The Be is amazing, my only complaint is the fixed cable is a disaster waiting to happen, which is why I no longer have mine. There is genuinely no good reason for a $300 product to have a fixed cable.

i agreed. I have it also, but, due to being a bass monster, I used my Believe more.

what i like it comes with a lot of ear tips...

Tin case could be better

Feb 10, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #930 of 2,106
I hear you, I bought my BE during the half off sale ($150) they had a few months back. Also, the only way you can listen to the tube mode on the Cayin N3PRO is thru 3.5mm, I tried 4.4 but tube mode thru 3.5mm sounded better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back