Sep 14, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #1,354 of 2,094
No, it's not out yet,

Yeah,
it's a crazy money teritory,
I'm pretty happy with my Mest right now,

after sometimes in this forum,
I realized, wait, compared to those,
my Mest is so cheap, 🤣
diminishing returns so don't worry too much about the uber high stuff. You'll see many many impressions regarding the differences throughout your headfi excursion. If it sounds good to you, then thats the best gear for you! :)

Sep 14, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #1,355 of 2,094
diminishing returns so don't worry too much about the uber high stuff. You'll see many many impressions regarding the differences throughout your headfi excursion. If it sounds good to you, then thats the best gear for you! :)
Agreed,

A mood booster for you guys,
amazing performance,

Sep 14, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #1,356 of 2,094
Just vouching again for the lcdi4. Their soundstage and separation, imaging, detail is astounding. That is the most important thing to look for in gear. Sound taste can be fiddled with. This particular planar open design and the ability for it to be crafted into anything you want them to be; the sound ceiling is extremely high. For whatever sound preference you want, its there, EQ it. Doing so it keeps the staple of everything that makes high endgear. The imaging, separation, detail and soundstage will never reduce. the only thing that you will gain is the sound preference you prefer.

Caveat; high end doesnt have to mean 'reference' or uncoloured. eg eg. There is already a market for that. high end to me is something that makes you smile the most and giving you the best possible music while providing options to make it into whatever you want them to be.
For the best metal/hardrock IEM? The Audeze LCDi4. Its boomy as hell. its fast as hell and it sparkles like an unicorn with mids so pure. If the band or era you are playing and you dont get the zing? They keep all the most important aspects 'oundstage and separation, imaging, detail' but as exactly how you want the frequency. :)

PS. I Hope I get a free LCD-4 from this....
JOKES!

Sep 14, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #1,357 of 2,094
All the talk about bass speed, technicalities, eg eg. It is there period. Just mould them into what you love to listen to. The planar design gives you that. The quickness and sub bass quality of these is miles ahead of the IER-Z1R I reckon. And to me they are my second best IEMS for hard rock or 'metal' (I hate that word metal)

Sep 14, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #1,358 of 2,094
Just vouching again for the lcdi4. Their soundstage and separation, imaging, detail is astounding. That is the most important thing to look for in gear. Sound taste can be fiddled with. This particular planar open design and the ability for it to be crafted into anything you want them to be; the sound ceiling is extremely high. For whatever sound preference you want, its there, EQ it. Doing so it keeps the staple of everything that makes high endgear. The imaging, separation, detail and soundstage will never reduce. the only thing that you will gain is the sound preference you prefer.

Caveat; high end doesnt have to mean 'reference' or uncoloured. eg eg. There is already a market for that. high end to me is something that makes you smile the most and giving you the best possible music while providing options to make it into whatever you want them to be.
For the best metal/hardrock IEM? The Audeze LCDi4. Its boomy as hell. its fast as hell and it sparkles like an unicorn with mids so pure. If the band or era you are playing and you dont get the zing? They keep all the most important aspects 'oundstage and separation, imaging, detail' but as exactly how you want the frequency. :)

JOKES!
How's the sound leakage on the LCDi4? Usable in a quiet office setting (whilst listening to metal, of course)? I will say I really like my Audeze LCD-2 headphones and they take EQ extremely well, so I guess it shouldn't come as a huge surprise that their IEMs play nice with EQ also.

Sep 14, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #1,359 of 2,094
How's the sound leakage on the LCDi4? Usable in a quiet office setting (whilst listening to metal, of course)? I will say I really like my Audeze LCD-2 headphones and they take EQ extremely well, so I guess it shouldn't come as a huge surprise that their IEMs play nice with EQ also.
The sound leakage is noticeably directly against the person listening. Just had a session with the gf with her listening. She was ony lap so it's not that bad at all.

Sep 14, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #1,360 of 2,094
It's an open iem. I've heard worse from crappy earpads, listening to music

Sep 14, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #1,361 of 2,094

JOKES!

wait!!! Better than Moondrop S8?

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #1,362 of 2,094
Hi! Could you please recommend me an iem for around 300$. I mostly listen to thrash metal, but also sometimes to some oldschool Hard/heavy metal. I like neutral sound with a little warmish sound. Need to have fast bass! It will be driven via shanling up4 and hiby fd3. Thx

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #1,363 of 2,094
wait!!! Better than Moondrop S8?
Haven't heard them, but planar magic! BA have notorious bass struggle if not tuned perfectly. I'm not saying these haven't, but for metal, you don't hear many people using Andromeda's (arguably exquisitely tuned BA's)

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #1,364 of 2,094
Hi! Could you please recommend me an iem for around 300$. I mostly listen to thrash metal, but also sometimes to some oldschool Hard/heavy metal. I like neutral sound with a little warmish sound. Need to have fast bass! It will be driven via shanling up4 and hiby fd3. Thx
7Hz Timeless = 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Users who are viewing this thread

Back