IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Jan 14, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #2,058 of 2,094
good day everyone suggest a cable for xenns mangird top which a little high frequencies will be removed. on some tracks, you can hear the sound of broken glass and sand in your ears. at this moment, all recommendations have converged on EPZ DP12.

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #2,061 of 2,094
xenns mangird top
The ones that came with the IEM, correct? I didn't had any problem with them but I end up changing them for the Divinus Velvet... Maybe try those.
Regarding the cable I'm using the NICEHCK Maple Flagship. I didn't felt any significant change in terms of the sound... But to give you a more correct feedback I would need to go back and do some A/B testing

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #2,062 of 2,094
The ones that came with the IEM, correct? I didn't had any problem with them but I end up changing them for the Divinus Velvet... Maybe try those.
Regarding the cable I'm using the NICEHCK Maple Flagship. I didn't felt any significant change in terms of the sound... But to give you a more correct feedback I would need to go back and do some A/B testing
Thanks for the advice. I will order them too

Feb 1, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #2,063 of 2,094
Canadian company PSB recently came out with their true wireless microplanar IEMs. I blind purchased them without any review cuz I love full size planars. Boy do they rock. Highly recommend, the treble extension is fantastic. Dual driver so bass hits pretty well too, but not muddy.
Hi, can you tell me more about that iem? Im a fan of psb headphones, had m4u 2, 4, 8, 8mk2 and wondering how those new twe are :) PSB has so little press coverage...

Feb 1, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #2,064 of 2,094
Hi, can you tell me more about that iem? Im a fan of psb headphones, had m4u 2, 4, 8, 8mk2 and wondering how those new twe are :) PSB has so little press coverage...
They are fantastic, so simple and great sounding. I am listening to them more than I expected. They are also IPX rated so they have become my running buds as well. More comfortable than airpods, define more audiophile sounding than airpods. I think more IEMs should try this planar and dynamic dual driver combo. The bass and highs are crisp. Vocals are slightly recessed due to their room feel tuning, but gives you a decent sound stage. For the price they are a no brainer. I am so tempted to get the M4U 9s as well😂.

The firmware is a little slow, it take a second for the buds to turn off after you put them back in the case. The first couple of times they kept playing music cuz I closed the flap before they turned off lol, but you get used to it. The lights blink when they turn off so not a big deal. Same is true for turning on, takes a second. If you remove them from the case before turning on, you will have to turn them on manually by long pressing. Minor annoyances that are consistent so you get used to it. Worth it for the amazing sound.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #2,067 of 2,094
Hello, metalheads. I recently bought my first iem, moondrop variations. The sound is not very good yet. Clean, but not enough bass. Now I want to buy a dac for an iPhone. Please advise a good option for extreme metal🙏🏻

Apr 8, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #2,069 of 2,094
Hello, metalheads. I recently bought my first iem, moondrop variations. The sound is not very good yet. Clean, but not enough bass. Now I want to buy a dac for an iPhone. Please advise a good option for extreme metal🙏🏻
Questyle M15i is your best bet. Sell Variations… it makes the drum kit sound as if they were playing with chopsticks. Overdone guitars. Zero bass texture just woofer memes. Worst IEM I’ve heard for metal.

Apr 8, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #2,070 of 2,094
Hi!

I want to buy an IEM from the 350$ price range.

I've seen Aful Performer 8.

I listen principally thrash metal, speed-heavy and punk.
Hearing lotta good things about Ziigaat Doscinco. I’ve ordered a pair, will report after the honeymoon phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back