IEM for a bass enthusiast?
Mar 22, 2011 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tolblo

New Head-Fier
I previously owned the Atrio M5's and now own the IE8's. I miss the deep sub-bass and impact of the M5's. I'm thinking about the MG7's but am wondering what else there is. I'm mainly into techno, drum n bass, dubstep etc. I use a Fiio E7 as a DAC also. I've read about the TDK EB900's from ljokerl's thread but am looking for something with better overall quality. I value the quality and balance of the IE8's over the M5's but honestly I'd swap back if I could.

Any recommendations? Thanks

Mar 22, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 5
Tolblo,

Are you sure you have a good seal with the IE8s?  They are the most bass heavy of any IEM I own.  However, without a good seal, the bass just won't be there.

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I cant imagine owning either M5's and IE8s and being left dissatisfied about the bass....

I never said I was dissatisfied with M5 bass...

Quote:
Tolblo,

Are you sure you have a good seal with the IE8s?  They are the most bass heavy of any IEM I own.  However, without a good seal, the bass just won't be there.

I use TX500's and I believe the seal is good enough hmm. The seal feels similar to the M5's. I've read a number of people say the M5 sub-bass is significantly superior to the IE8's however, hence why I'm wondering. I'll look into playing with the seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back