1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

IEM for a bass enthusiast?

1. Tolblo
    I previously owned the Atrio M5's and now own the IE8's. I miss the deep sub-bass and impact of the M5's. I'm thinking about the MG7's but am wondering what else there is. I'm mainly into techno, drum n bass, dubstep etc. I use a Fiio E7 as a DAC also. I've read about the TDK EB900's from ljokerl's thread but am looking for something with better overall quality. I value the quality and balance of the IE8's over the M5's but honestly I'd swap back if I could.

Any recommendations? Thanks

2. RibeyeAndScotch
    I cant imagine owning either M5's and IE8s and being left dissatisfied about the bass....

3. IpodHappy
    Tolblo,

Are you sure you have a good seal with the IE8s?  They are the most bass heavy of any IEM I own.  However, without a good seal, the bass just won't be there.

4. RibeyeAndScotch
    Thats exactly my thought. Im a bass junkie and even the regular turbines are good enough for me.

5. Tolblo

Quote:

I never said I was dissatisfied with M5 bass...

Quote:

I use TX500's and I believe the seal is good enough hmm. The seal feels similar to the M5's. I've read a number of people say the M5 sub-bass is significantly superior to the IE8's however, hence why I'm wondering. I'll look into playing with the seal.