IEM / Earphones while in bed
Jan 3, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #17 of 36
Phonak Audeo are very light weight, and comfortable + affordable (not the 232's that said)

I was very impressed with them, even though i HATE BA drivers.
UM3x, w3's are much more bulkier and "heavier" to wear than the PFE's

Jan 3, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #18 of 36
Just a question, will this hurt the IEM in any way, if you sleep with them in your ears?

Damage to cables is my main concern, considering I'm not a very still sleeper.

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #19 of 36

Quote:
Just a question, will this hurt the IEM in any way, if you sleep with them in your ears?

Wire is always fragile, even if you have something like the westones (one of the best stock cables out there)...after a while they will give in...

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #20 of 36
The only obviously safe and comfortable (but not cheap) solution would be Customs from someone like ACS who's full ear molds are both flush finishing to the ear and made of flexible silicone rather than hard plastic.

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #24 of 36
You actually might want to try out some different pillows.  I sleep on my side too, and I find that with certain pillows I can wear almost any IEM's comfortably.  I'm using those sort of curved memory foam pillows now, and you can sort of position your head so that your ears are in the recessed part so there isn't as much pressure.

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #28 of 36
Just got back from a 2 week trip where I slept with my IE8's in almost every night.  had no trouble and found them fairly comfortable.

Jan 3, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #30 of 36

Quote:

Using the JVC HAFX67 while in bed seems like a good idea. It is cheap(around $18), very comfortable,  and will probable not stick out of your ears. It has recessed mids and too much bass and treble, however this can be corrected with equilization. When equilized decently, it can sound okay.  I suggest using a cheap mp3 player with that, such as the Sandisk Clip+ or Clip Zip. Whatever you use to sleep with will probably get plenty of stress on the cord, and the mp3 player will probably drop on the floor quite a number of times after a while. Save your expensive gear for when you are awake and can take proper care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back