IEM customs reshell inearz vs inearcentral, my experience.
Jul 17, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #31 of 46
  my experience with inearcentral... is.. 'RIDICULOUSLY TERRIBLE'.

I ran into their website and decided to reshell my UE900 (yes it was really bad choice to make)
My order was placed on Dec. 2014 (yes last year) and now.. i am waing for replacment of UE900 and refund.
literally i was without my earphone for over 6 months.

their site stated that reshelling will be done in 3weeks but actually took 4monts to recieve it. 
i was exicted to test the monitors when i received it for first time, but fit was terrible. 
i couldn't put right monitor on because it was too big and left monitor hurt my ear 

so i had to return them for second re-fit and received the package on end of Jun. 2015.
the fitting was ok, then sound was really weird and off when listening to music.
i looked into monitors closely and found out that sound driver placement is different on each side.
sound drivers on right monitor were placed closer to the tip and left monitor were closer to outer shell

now i returned the monitors and sent them emails requesting replacment and refund but i never hear from them yet.
i am not to blame anybody except me, but i really not recommend inearcentral if you want to reshell your earphone.

See the Facebook page entitled Been Screwed By In Ear Central, there you will find links to file consumer and mail fraud.

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #34 of 46
Just so I don't get accused of meat puppetry, I'll admit that I'm not really a forum person. Not even a lurker, and I was requested for my feedback to be posted in a public place. No money, favors, or kickbacks.

That being said, I ordered from Inearcentral for a set of custom IEM, cause they were cheap, and they seemed not sketchy. I ordered in march, and just got mine yesterday. Yes, I was expecting them sooner, and yes I was a bit grumpy about the wait. But, I listened to the feedback from the company, and if someone fires basically their whole staff, I'm willing to cut them a break on time. The profuse apologies I got anytime I asked about a status also helped. The fit and quality are fantastic, and once they catch up a bit, I will probably be ordering another set, because I went plain this round, and I would like to have a set that expresses my style a bit more. I read a lot of the angry comments on here, and I can understand the frustration, but in the age of instant everything, sometimes we forget that not everything is instant.

But all this is all 100% my opinion. I may just be an exceptionally patient person...

Sep 30, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #35 of 46
I am new to this forum and saw the negative comments about InEar Central and wanted to let everyone know about my experience. I have dealt with Rob on 2 occasions and both were very pleasant experiences. He reshelled a pair of Tf10's for me twice adding extra drivers on each occasion and although he has had some personnel and delivery issues of late, he lived up to his word and delivered a quality product. Even through all his recent adversities, he came through with great integrity and and customer service and delivered a top quality product exactly as ordered with perfect Audio Quality. Barb, his assistant, was in constant communication with me on the status of the job and even let me know when there were going to be delays or potential issues. To me, that counts for a lot and speaks to their integrity. i would deal with folks like them all day long and wish there were many more out there with their ethics ! Keep doing what you doing Rob, you are back on the up and don't let the naysayers get you down, you are doing a swell job ! i will be back for the next set of IEM's soon.

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #36 of 46
Where are the glowing reviews from people that don't have 1 post and joined same day? Very suspect.

Me, I'm still waiting... 5 or is it 6 months now? I don't know I lose count and I'm certainly not being kept in the loop by anyone with regards to my order status.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE GUYS.

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #37 of 46
It's really funny when someone pops in a raves about Rob and InEarCentral and goes on to say that despite Rob's recent issues with employees everything was unicorns and cotton candy. If you go a bit further back in this thread there was a response from another of IEC's victims that explained he heard the same exact sob stories two years earlier. I guess Rob and piggyzw think our collective memories are so bad that he can just reuse the same tired lines over and over again. Anyway, I finally received my two pairs and on each pair the right side doesn't seal very well at all. But given all the issues and aggravation I would rather send them somewhere else for complete reshells all over again rather than put them back in Rob's hands.

Oct 1, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #38 of 46
I am just giving y'all an insight on my experiences and really believe that Rob is trying to get things back on track. That being said, I sympathize with those that have not experienced the same level of service i have and i would probably be just as upset about it if i were in their position, but i gave Rob and his team the benefit of the doubt and they came through for me, so i have nothing to complain about. There is always two sides to a story and i guess i fell on the side that had a happy ending. I will be dealing with him again and i am confident that it will be a pleasant experience once again.

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #39 of 46
Hello, I thought I would contribute to this thread, since I have significantly more than 2 posts here on head-fi! 

Here is my story with Rob at In Ear Central and a few brief impressions:

I like dynamic driver iems and ciems and so InEarCentral's triple driver ciem was very interesting. I reached to Rob back in February about buying a set. He was quite responsive, telling me about the company, his design philosophy, etc.

So, I pulled out my credit card, I sent in my impressions and...

And...well, there was a long wait involved, as I think everyone is aware. I did keep up with things, though.  I was told there were some staff changes in June. Rob reached out to me as well. And a set of triple drivers arrived in August. That's quite a wait time, indeed. 

Rob has been very upfront that this has been a real problem for people and he says he is dedicated to making things right. I completely understand how upset people have been and I think we should all see how Rob handles things. He can either prove the critics right or earn their respect and win new customers.

On to the earphones!

First, I should say that I had impression made with the best audiologist in New York City for this, Julie Glick at http://www.musicianshearingsolutions.com/ She does the ear impressions for all the top professional musicians on tour when they come to NYC. One time I had a set of impressions made with her just after Lady Gaga had hers done! So, yeah, I sent Rob a great set of impressions. My ears are hard to fit right for ciems, but with those impressions Rob was able to give me a perfect fit. 

Here's what the ciems look like:

As you can see, I chose clear shells with carbon fiber faceplates, red on the right and blue on the left

I'm actually very happy with the sound. There's very good tone and timbre; plus superior extension in the treble and down in the sub-bass. The treble and mids are neutral and clear. These ciems are free from treble spikes and treble roll-off and their midrange is clean and natural sounding.

The bass is elevated--and with 3 dynamic drivers, you bet breaking in the drivers is a must. In the beginning it sounds a little smeared compared to the higher end ciems I'm used to hearing. With some high-volume music played in loop overnight, you get good bass texture. Each driver has its own little tiny vent hole to allow it to breathe. I'd say it's possible that there's further bass detail and a bit of toning down of the bass that could be wrung out of this design by reversibly blocking one or two of the vent holes. I haven't tried yet, because the bass is really at a good level for me and my subway commute. Maybe later, though, I'll fiddle further. 

The isolation is very good, comfort is great. Overall, and particularly for the price, these are quite good sounding ciems. 

Now, it's all up to Rob! He's got a good product at a very good price. If he makes things right for the people waiting and delivers responsive, excellent customer service with a reasonable wait time, then I can see him being quite successful. Let's see how it goes. 

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #40 of 46
Kunlun, I'm glad you had a positive experience but many have not. In my own case the two pairs I sent to have reshelled had problems with fit. On one pair the fit of the right IEM is so bad that I had to use Otoferm cream from Westone to get a seal at all. They are going to InEarz to be reshelled all over again.

I've noticed that you referenced Rob's claim of trouble with staffing, if you read back over some of them complaints I think there is a member who described exactly the same issues two+ years earlier and received the exact same excuses. I'm happy that you've had such success but I'm out the time, money and aggravation of a nearly eight month long ordeal. I decided to just eat the nearly $300 loss and start fresh with a new company. 

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #41 of 46
I had a pair of SE-530's reshelled by InEarz, and I was extremely satisfied with the results. They fit beautifully, and the cables held up pretty nicely (and if they do break, they're easy to replace and quite affordable). Stupidly, though, I jammed a paperclip in trying to clear out wax and punctured some internal component in my right headphone... bad move.

Anyway, I'm thinking of buying a used pair of CIEMs and reshelling them. Do you guys think InEarz would be able to remold, say, a JH13 without any drop in sound quality?

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #42 of 46
I feel the need to give a heads-up to anyone thinking of sending money and IEMs off to InEarCentral, my Facebook page on the subject has been getting many new messages from folks who are no longer getting their customs and can't even get Rob and company to return their original IEMs back. His Facebook page seems to be MIA and so is his web address. If you currently have an order and you're waiting for him to request your IEMs to install in the shells, all I can say is BEWARE!

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #43 of 46
Looks like In Ear Central has folded. There is no longer a Facebook page and eBay doesn't show any posts now. Many have received their money back from PayPal but Rob still has their original IEMs which were sent to him to be re-shelled. While you can't contact In Ear Central through Facebook, Rob's personal Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/francis.reyna.39 . Maybe contacting him personally will get him to return your IEMs. If not there is a Facebook page devoted to exposing his fraudulent activity which has links to file mail fraud and consumer fraud charges, that page is here; https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=been%20screwed%20by%20in%20ear%20central%20%2F%20inearcentral%3F . Good luck!

Dec 19, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #45 of 46
*cough* *cough* let me know if you have any questions
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back