IEM Comfort Lvls
Jul 20, 2007 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

dunelly

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking to buy a pair of in ear headphones. I've had shure e2c's before and they weren't that comfortable. My price range is like 130 at max. I've been looking at the e3c's, the etymotic er-6(or the er-6i) or the westones Um

1. Or, if any of you guys recommend a good pair. Which, is the most comfortable? (i am looking for an all around opinion). I know that each person has a different ear so its difficult to tell. Lets use the e2c as a comparison to, the models i have mentioned above.

Remember,
Comfort comes first, This is for commuting on the bus everyday for 30 minutes. So portability + low profile would be nice too.

Jul 20, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #3 of 26
Well, he asked for recommendations based on comfort. I don't see how the canal phone itself impacts comfort, except as related to what tips are available for them. With the E2Cs, there are quite a variety of tips, although the black foam tips are not a choice and that is one I've seen many people cite as giving the best comfort. I found the soft grey rubber tips to be the most comfortable with the E2Cs. But, an E3C or something else will have other options that you may find more comfortable.

Jul 20, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #4 of 26
I'm currently using Marshmallows with UE bi-flange tips. Some people commented that the default tips were uncomfortable. Although they weren't really bothering me, I decided to try the UE tips. MUCH BETTER!!

So I gotta agree with Arjisme...the tips are important.

Steve

Jul 20, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
honestly, i really don't like my shure e3g

the etymotic er6i blow them out of the water in musicality, size, and especially in detail

X2

You might feel strange at first when using the tri-flange on ER6i, but I find them to be more comfortable than Shure.

Jul 20, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #6 of 26
Ive tried all the tips for the e2c's. All of them are pretty much the same to me. I have fairly small ear canals so, its harder to put in. I was looking at the triple flanges, and it looks like it really gives a good seal.

Jul 20, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 26
Its not really bout the quality im worried about, because they all have decent quality. .(I listen to classic rock mostly so, yea). But, when i travel, i just want to block out the noises. I want something i can wear for a long time, w/o hurting my ears and blocks the noises around me.

Jul 20, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #10 of 26
I havent tried the er6's before, so, i wouldnt know how they would fit. They look alittle big though, and my ear canal is small so, its hard to find a good fit. I was just thinking bout the e3c's because they look alittle smaller. if i had the money to dish out, i would get the etymotic er-4.

Jul 20, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, for comfort? Go Westone Um1's. No question, I found them much more comfortable than the ER-6i's.

+1.

I forget they are even in my ears!!!!

Jul 21, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #14 of 26
I was looking at the westones um1's and i saw the old style, and it looks just like the shure e1's. I was wondering, are they comfy? Do they have good sound? I like them. Does anyone know where i can get me a pair?(if they're good..Either the old style westone or the shure e1's) I tried ebay, only one person is selling the e1's and i dont want to rely on that as my only chance.

Jul 21, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by dunelly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking at the westones um1's and i saw the old style, and it looks just like the shure e1's. I was wondering, are they comfy? Do they have good sound? I like them. Does anyone know where i can get me a pair?(if they're good..Either the old style westone or the shure e1's) I tried ebay, only one person is selling the e1's and i dont want to rely on that as my only chance.

You've probably seen this, but this page is quite interesting:

http://www.westone.com/music/monitor_compare.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back