IEM Cases for storage and carry.
Oct 8, 2011 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

inadvertentgear

New Head-Fier
Hey head-fiers,

What cases do you use for your IEMS?

What do you use for storage, and what do you use when you are out and about? 

Thanks! Would love to hear everyone's input. 

Oct 8, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 11
Im thinking of getting the Otterbox 1000 to carry my Cowon J3, amp, iems (hopefully more than 2 will fit inside), etc.

cause when i travel (mostly overseas), i can keep all of them in my pocket without worrying about them crushing, etc

Oct 9, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 11
I like UE's Metallic Crush-proof case.

http://ultimateears.com/uploads/assets/accessories/brushed-case.jpg

Oct 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #8 of 11
Have the UE metal crush proof case, but needed to carry the mp3 player together with the IEMs, so I opted for a quart-sized ziploc bag.

The Pelican case looks pretty sweet though, will probably get one.

May 30, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #9 of 11
Can anyone take a pic of that pelican next to the west one vault case? I guess what I'm really looking for is something to keep them in on a daily basis that isn't small and allows for me to just place them in...like a basket kind of?

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #10 of 11
kikkerland plaid travel case:

best case I've ever found.  $6, fits my customs, very small, very hard, and doesn't collapse a bit when put under pressure like those zipper cases always do... always made me nervous with $1000 iems inside.  My go to before this was a prescription pill bottle which is also an excellent extremely durable and free choice. 

this case is basically a mini glasses case.  very strong. i bet i could run it over with a car, though i won't try.  :wink:

it seems to be discontinued, but i found it in a boutique store that carries weird things..

Oct 12, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #11 of 11
Request: Br777 running over his favorite headphones in that case. :)

I only use mine at home, so an old Oakley vault has been put to good use. The internal space is so large I don't have to wind things up super tight and the zipper is on the outside so no worries about that catching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back