IEM Brand Elmination Game!
Jul 31, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #31 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOWW, Oh my god, you educate yourself become expert just based on other people reviews.

Do you have any idea how many people disappointing at UM3x / IE8 which I loved so much, after make their purchase only based on what they get from review. People may be fuzzy to what he likes until he really HEAR it in person.

This vote game may be meaningless, if everyone just like you vote by what he read, not what he get from experience, as everyone just blindly follow people lead.

MAY FOTM WIN

Who said I consider myself an expert? Are you really irritated by this? The whole point of this game is to find the general average best headphone brand that most people on this forum likes. So really, theres no difference. And what if i heard a crappy sennheiser model for 4 bucks that are sold to schools, then i can bust their ass? The SE530 is by extremely hyped. Very many here comment saying that they HATED shure because of the 530s. Lets say the SRH 840 is a great headphone. You can only take this stuff with a grain of salt. Have you heard EVERY shure headphone to hate it? Or have you not?

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #32 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ROFL!!!! yea he could give shure 8 points! i love shure! but i can't deny the build quality.. =( way i see it.. they kinda deserve it for going cheap on us..

Actually that would be 9 points (1 point from Voltag3 + 8 points from 8 fake accounts)

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #33 of 289
Altec Lansing 9
Apple 9 - Hurt, my AIE version 1's fell apart pretty quickly, the nozzle portion seperated from the body of the bud, sparse accessories for the retail price.
Audio-Technica 10
Bose 10
Crossroads 10
Denon 11
Etymotic 11,
Head-Direct 11
Jays 9
JH Audio 10
JVC 10
Klipsch 11
Livewires 10
Monster 11
Nuforce 10
Panasonic 9
Phonak 9
Sennheiser 14
Shure 5- Heal, customer service was excellent for me, e2c's have lasted over 4 years with no issues and actually sound pretty decent with the Kramer mod, isolation is excellent.
Skull Candy 9
Sleek 10
Soundmagic 10
Ultimate Ears 9
V-Moda 10
Westone 12
Yuin 10
Futuresonics 11
Alien Ears 10
JH Audio 10

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #34 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its not for "felt" its for many reviews

Quote:

Who said I consider myself an expert? Are you really irritated by this? The whole point of this game is to find the general average best headphone brand that most people on this forum likes. So really, theres no difference. And what if i heard a crappy sennheiser model for 4 bucks that are sold to schools, then i can bust their ass? The SE530 is by extremely hyped. Very many here comment saying that they HATED shure because of the 530s. Lets say the SRH 840 is a great headphone. You can only take this stuff with a grain of salt. Have you heard EVERY shure headphone to hate it? Or have you not?

You are really amazing..........

Have you seen all peoples voted here at least heard one of products they voted for? You are right, it does not matter what product you have listened to, they are all belonging to the product line of that brand, the baseline you have to listen EITHER one of them

But I guess you listened to Shure or Sennheiser product as well, this produc called VIRTUAL SE 530, IE8 in your MIND, I am pretty these product don't belong to any REAL product line.

Anything to say?

Any good product has extreme love and hatred here...........It is like shallow following every one. HYPED or not is only decided by people who listen to by himself, not the guy saying he knows well about this product, actually he don't even how large the product is

Just buy a cheapest shure product and Sennheiser product, you are feel free to vote

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #35 of 289
Altec Lansing 9
Apple 9
Audio-Technica 10
Bose 10
Crossroads 10
Denon 11
Etymotic 11,
Head-Direct 11
Jays 9
JH Audio 10
JVC 10
Klipsch 11
Livewires 10
Monster 11
Nuforce 10
Panasonic 9
Phonak 9
Sennheiser 13 - HURT: IE8 - Great sound, but terrible fit with stock tips IMO which doesn't allow these IEMs to show anything near their full potential
Shure 6 - HEAL: SE530 remains the best IEM I've ever heard and E4 and SE310 also sound great to my ears
Skull Candy 9
Sleek 10
Soundmagic 10
Ultimate Ears 9
V-Moda 10
Westone 12
Yuin 10
Futuresonics 11
Alien Ears 10
JH Audio 10

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #36 of 289
Quote:

You are really amazing..........

Have you seen all peoples voted here at least heard one of products they voted for? You are right, it does not matter what product you have listened to, they are all belonging to the product line of that brand, the baseline you have to listen EITHER one of them

But I guess you listened to Shure or Sennheiser product as well, this produc called VIRTUAL SE 530, IE8 in your MIND, I am pretty these product don't belong to any REAL product line.

Anything to say?

Any good product has extremely love and hatred here...........It is like shallow following every one. HYPED or not is only decided by people who listen to by himself, not the guy saying he knows well about this product, actually he don't even how large the product is

Just buy a cheapest shure product and Sennheiser product, you are feel free to vote

I really dont think you understood what i was saying, and i dont really understand half of what you're saying. If you believe sound is subjective, then i dont get why u are trolling on this. And for this to be a real measurement about what people likes, they'd atleast have to hear one single model from each and every brand. Which just shows that this isn't like comparing if 10 people would rather eat apples instead of bananas.

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #38 of 289
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys let keep this on track please. If you have continue arguing please do so via pm.

I don't, maybe he wants to.

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #39 of 289
Quote:

I really dont think you understood what i was saying, and i dont really understand half of what you're saying. If you believe sound is subjective, then i dont get why u are trolling on this. And for this to be a real measurement about what people likes, they'd atleast have to hear one single model from each and every brand. Which just shows that this isn't like comparing if 10 people would rather eat apples instead of bananas.

Same here, don't really understand what you are arguing about.

As you can see. the game is only for the people voting for products they OWNED/ BOUGHT

Is that clear for you? Please tell me have you bought any shure / Sennheiser products? Cheapest few dollars earphone counts.

It you don't have any, please don't vote, as you can see everyone explained the reason for their vote based on EXPERIENCE , not only information from REVIEW.

You are the only one voted here, have not heard any product of brand you voted for

End of story here, have nothing to say to you

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #40 of 289
Quote:

... since noone has tried all the brands here you really can't expect this poll to be objective in any way.

People don't have have to vote on all the brands, just one they like and one they don't. That means than no individual person is setting an overall trend, but as a group we can form an overall opinion ... so I think this is an interesting thread.

But I agree that it's daft for people to vote on earphones they've never heard.

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #41 of 289
Quote:

Same here, don't really understand what you are arguing about.

As you can see. the game is only for the people voting for products they OWNED/ BOUGHT

Is that clear for you? Please tell me have you got any shure / Sennheiser products? Cheapest few dollars earphone counts.

It you don't have any, please don't vote, as you can see everyone said the reason for their vote based on EXPERIENCE , only on information on REVIEW.

You are the only one here, have not heard any brand you voted for

End of story here, have nothing to say to you

I'll apologize for doing that, i guess it was a wrong thing to do, but really this isn't and can never be a scientific meassurement. If we were all robots, it would. And i have actually heard the brands, just no IEMs by them. And after all, when people hve voted for what they didnt like, they wil start HATING brands that other people hate because they're not known. If you'd have a look at my sig, the only headphones i use now are the PXC 450s, which are senns. I've demoed some shure products, but they didn't seem bang for the buck at all. And, really, seems to me like you think reviews are useless. Right now, I'll be ordering the IE8, i've read reviews, asked for how the signature was, asked for which one would be best for my high pitch sensitive ears. If now someone would send me the SE530, and i were a robot, with the same attributes to what sounds i like, and other attributes, but not wanting the IE 8 to sound better. I tell you that its a 1% chance that i'd like the shures better. That 1% being, if a lot of owners and experienced reviewers only talk ****. Thats a lot more scientific that these threads will ever become. Theres been people on the other thread saying that they hate a brand because they for instance simple puked at the HD280s. But what if the Hd650s would be the perfect fit?

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #42 of 289
Quote:

Is that clear for you? Please tell me have you bought any shure / Sennheiser products? Cheapest few dollars earphone counts.

It does not say that anywhere in the rules, and it is up to the OP to set the rules, not you. Make your own poll if you want a new rule.

Also, you don't have to own/buy an earphone to have heard it and formulated an opinion. I don't own any skullcandies, but an hourlong listening session at a friend's house with the GIs told me everything I needed to know about them.

In the end, this will be a very boring and slow thread if people only vote for stuff they own. Not too many head-fiers own skullcandy, bose, and crossroads IEMs. Or customs for that matter.

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #43 of 289
Quote:

I'll apologize for doing that, i guess it was a wrong thing to do, but really this isn't and can never be a scientific meassurement. If we were all robots, it would. And i have actually heard the brands, just no IEMs by them. And after all, when people hve voted for what they didnt like, they wil start HATING brands that other people hate because they're not known. If you'd have a look at my sig, the only headphones i use now are the PXC 450s, which are senns. I've demoed some shure products, but they didn't seem bang for the buck at all.

Point taken. If you said you have heard either product of brand sooner, we can save all rambling debate.

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #44 of 289
Quote:

It does not say that anywhere in the rules, and it is up to the OP to set the rules, not you. Make your own poll if you want a new rule.

Also, you don't have to own/buy an earphone to have heard it and formulated an opinion. I don't own any skullcandies, but an hourlong listening session at a friend's house with the GIs told me everything I needed to know about them.

In the end, this will be a very boring and slow thread if people only vote for stuff they own. Not too many head-fiers own skullcandy, bose, and crossroads IEMs. Or customs for that matter.

True. The point is he never mentioned he heard one of products he voted for

Quote his reason to vote :

"Sennheiser 13 :Have a very good feeling this (IE8) is just my IEM. Its that or W3.

Shure 5 HURT - These were one of the first to go on the other elimination game as well. I was actually considering the 530. I'm not considering anymore."

It did not seem to me he owned or listened to either brand he voted for at the first place.............and then he replied me as he voted basd on review he read

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #45 of 289
Quote:

Point taken. If you said you have heard either product of brand sooner, we can save all rambling debate.

I am glad we settled this, but still i dont quite agree with that since i heard one headhone by eather its okay? Doesnt really make sence to me. For this test to be real, you have to have something like 5000 users commenting. And all of those users combined, would have heard evey single headphone from every headphone brand. All of those would have to vote for the exact same thing each day, and at the end we'd have the headphone BRANDS headfi likes the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back