IEM below 900$ for A&Ksr25
Mar 24, 2021 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Lu Mazzmarill

Head-Fier
As the title says, i'm an happy owner of the DAP, but i'm searching for a bass boosted, easy to drive IEM to match with it.
Contenders (for now) are:
1) Kinera Nan-Na 2.0 (balanced, because of its 60Ohms)
2) Empire Ears Bravado MKII
3) Thieaudio Monarch.
4) Shure Se846.

I would love to use balanced connection, and a closed back IEM.
Open to suggestions.

Apr 11, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #6 of 14
Oriolus Reborn or Mk2.
Gorgeous Bass and Mids.
Upper highs to boot.
So good, they're hard to upgrade from. Just my 0.02$

Apr 11, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #7 of 14
C578FEAE-04DD-430A-8FD3-EE90E7DAC6BE.png

https://aloaudio.deals/shop/atlas-by-campfire-audio/

great deal!!

Apr 11, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #9 of 14
As the title says, i'm an happy owner of the DAP, but i'm searching for a bass boosted, easy to drive IEM to match with it.
Contenders (for now) are:
1) Kinera Nan-Na 2.0 (balanced, because of its 60Ohms)
2) Empire Ears Bravado MKII
3) Thieaudio Monarch.
4) Shure Se846.

I would love to use balanced connection, and a closed back IEM.
Open to suggestions.
Thieaudio Monarch. It’s a very crisp tuned IEM. What kind of music do you enjoy? You may also consider the counterpart of Monarch, Clairvoyance too. Monarch is more in favor of Asian music, Clairvoyance is more in favor of Western music. They have two different tuning profile.

[personal advice] I’d say unless you are willing to pay premiums on the sound (noting that if you don’t care much of the price), you may consider passing US-based Empire Ears, Campfire Audio or Europe-based Focal, Sennheiser etc brands, and Chinese-based but targeting high-end customers willing to pay premium, the Oriolus.

Apr 12, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #11 of 14
Thieaudio Monarch. It’s a very crisp tuned IEM. What kind of music do you enjoy? You may also consider the counterpart of Monarch, Clairvoyance too. Monarch is more in favor of Asian music, Clairvoyance is more in favor of Western music. They have two different tuning profile.

[personal advice] I’d say unless you are willing to pay premiums on the sound (noting that if you don’t care much of the price), you may consider passing US-based Empire Ears, Campfire Audio or Europe-based Focal, Sennheiser etc brands, and Chinese-based but targeting high-end customers willing to pay premium, the Oriolus.
I usually listen to metal and acoustic, some classical but mostly Black/Death Metal and Acoustic (Simon & Garfunkel etc.)

Apr 12, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #12 of 14
IT07😍

Apr 12, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #13 of 14
The Custom Art FIBAE 4 or AAW x TCA 4+2.

Apr 13, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #14 of 14
There are a couple JH Audio models in the classifieds here under $800 that were originally $1200+, and after finding ear tips that work for me with the Angie V1 (which is a lower end model with fewer drivers)... Just get one of them. Particularly if you're a bit of a bass head. The cables are a little bulky with the bass adjustment section, but man... These can hit, and if that's not what you want at the moment, turn it down a little and the detail is insane. As it should be with this many BAs.

The Angie and the AAW x TCA 4+2 are the closest I've personally heard to "in a room with speakers" sound from an IEM. It's nowhere near as good as my Martin Logans, but I also don't have to worry about bothering my neighbors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back