IEM bass = Bose QC15 bass?
Sep 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

pepemosca

New Head-Fier
Hello,
Sorry for this newbie question, but...

Will I have the same level of bass if I buy a Shure SE535 or Westone 4r that the levels I have with my Bose Quietcomfort 15?

Thanks for your insights.
Regards!

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:
Hello,
Sorry for this newbie question, but...
Will I have the same level of bass if I buy a Shure SE535 or Westone 4r that the levels I have with my Bose Quietcomfort 15?
Thanks for your insights.
Regards!

The SE535s roll off pretty quick, the bass isn't exactly something amazing. The W4s have a slight mid-bass hump, and are decidedly warm like the QC15. The Bose are warmer though, so no, bass level wise they are not the same. I A/Bed them yesterday, and can safely say that the W4s stomp over the QC15 on everything really. Even isolation is on par with some longer tips. If you want more bass, why not the IE80s or something more fun?

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #5 of 12
Thank you all for your comments.

Quote:
I think the QC15 may look as bassy as the IEMs you mentioned; however, the SE535 may offer more bass texture and definition than the QC15. I own both.

You are right the IEMs offers more texture bass than the QC15.

Quote:
The SE535s roll off pretty quick, the bass isn't exactly something amazing. The W4s have a slight mid-bass hump, and are decidedly warm like the QC15. The Bose are warmer though, so no, bass level wise they are not the same. I A/Bed them yesterday, and can safely say that the W4s stomp over the QC15 on everything really. Even isolation is on par with some longer tips. If you want more bass, why not the IE80s or something more fun?

About the isolation, I must say that the car and city noise (for me) is better isolated with the QC15 than the W4R+long foams.
But I know the QC15 dynamic cancellation has that "digital noise".
So, for me, the noise cancelling was better with the QC15.
With the W4R and the long foams, sometimes I think I need my FiiO E6 to crank it up. Not good for my ears.

Regarding the bass quality, yes the bass level is kind of the same between QC15 and W4R as you said TwinQY.

I post this thread when I was thinking which IEM should I buy.
I decided for the Westone 4R. So the option of going with the IE80s... is no longer an option (at least for this year).
Also, I don't just want bass... I want good bass and good everything else. Bass is important, but not everything in my life.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #6 of 12
I've owned both the QC15 and SE535. I wouldn't buy the Shure's for anything but vocals. IMO they are not at all suited for electronic music, if that's your thing (it's mine).

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #7 of 12
I've owned both the QC15 and SE535. I wouldn't buy the Shure's for anything but vocals. IMO they are not at all suited for electronic music, if that's your thing (it's mine).

Great! So I took the correct choice! I miss the Shure SE535. I'm also in the electronic music amusement :)
Thanks for your insight.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #8 of 12
I love the fit of the SEs, but would rather listen to the 215s over the 535s. I simply don't listen to enough rock to make them worthwhile. I A/B the 535s along with the TF10s and I literally felt ripped-off by Shure. It's not that the Shure's aren't in the same league -- they simply sound terrible with EDM. The bass is overwhelmed by the mids. To me they are the IEM equivalent of Auratone monitors. Great for mixing vocals, crap for anything else.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #9 of 12
The Sony EX1000, Denon C400 will match better for these genres music and they offers great amount of details in all frequencies.

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #11 of 12
Yes, the C300 are very bassheavy like UE SF5EB but overall very crisp, clear and Denon C400 are very engaging with good amount of bass and overall more detailed than C300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back