IEM advice for e4c fan
Nov 17, 2014 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bogalog

New Head-Fier
Hi all, it's been a while since I've been on here and my decent IEMs have finally died
I've previously had the e4c and the se530s and I loved them both in different ways. Anyway, my se530s seem to have died (one about 20% quieter than the other which is annoying), and my e4c's have cracked cables.

Basically, I'm after another accurate iem, and my budget is £100 ish but I can go over slightly if I'll really benefit. This will be a Christmas present and I've been researching different BA IEMs but there's so many now I'm struggling!

My priority is mid detail and I will plan to use them for acoustic guitar, perhaps classical, and occasional pop/techno. I'd be happy with the level of bass of the e4c.

The ones I've looked at are:

Ety hf5's - would be my first choice but seem hard to get hold of now. £100 off eBay (not ideal)

Westone um10s - I like the detachable cables but if the cables are of high quality, replaceable cables are not essential. £115

Shure se315s - I do like the shure sound, but I would like to try another brand as im not convinced they are still good value £107

If other drivers have advanced to the point that they rival BAs I would consider them as an option, otherwise I'd prefer a single or perhaps dual BA IEM.

I welcome your advice!

I forgot to mention, the sources will be from my iphone and my pc. I would consider buying a portable amp later on but it can't be essential to the sound

Nov 18, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 3
Sometimes if you contact Shure with an out of warranty issue with one of their IEMs - they will offer you a discounted price on an existing model - could be an idea. (Or is that only Westone?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back