IEM Advice around $100
Mar 16, 2011 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

phillypanther14

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for new IEM's now that my Klipsch S4's broke (did not like the build quality). Enjoyed the moniters very much and am looking for something similar. I am not a huge basshead but it's not like I'm against it or anything.

My main line of music (in general) is Deadmau5, the Doors, Metallica, and Classical/Orchestral. And the occasional hip-hop. How about something like the Etymotic MC5 or Shure SE115s? Any other IEM's I should like at?

Thanks

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 11
I would consider the SE215 as currently being discussed here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/542003/new-shure-se215-first-impressions
I am currently listening to MEE's flagship CC51 and I am loving them. I just finished burning them in and have started to do some analytical listening with them.   I listened to DeadMau5 with them pre burn in, they were great. Post burn in, a little bit of Porcupine tree, and right now Beethoven's 9th conducted by Bernstein.  I mostly listen to Classical and will be posting a review sometime next week. 
Also the UE700's are on sale on Logitechs site for only $112.49  Excellent for all genre's especially classical.  Happy listening and sorry about your wallet. 

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #3 of 11
I think you should go SE215 over the SE115, having said that read the thread and if your still not sure wait a fee more days for more impressions and then decide on them or one of the other IEM.

Mar 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 11
Careful about the discount. I put on a small discount bring the price below their 98 minimum and ended up paying for shipping so ended up paying a bit more in the end. I don't think these will be on sale anywhere for at least a couple months and if popular they might not go on sale even then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back