IE8i's, not so smart remote
Jan 24, 2011 at 6:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Mastro

New Head-Fier
hi all, 1st post and what a great site for your wallet, let me begin, found this site while looking to see if my 1st pair of IE8's where fakes (and they were), anyways ordered a pair from Razordog deals (got the IE8i's) which arrived today, as good as the fakes sounded i can hear the differance already with these baby's, hooked them up to my ipod nano 2nd gen. no go, tried them on daughters itouch 1st gen. same. The iem's work fine just smart remote is not, got my sons 4th gen nano out and whola the remote works. Found out on a reveiw site somewhere that the IE8i's only support
itouch 2nd an 3rd gen.
classic 4th an 5th gen.
nanno 4th an 5th gen.
shuffle 3rd gen.
can anyone here verify that the IE8i's work with any of these ipods, and which would be the better ipod to buy. sorry bout the long post

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 10

Quote:
Older gen iPods do not have the hardware support for the remote. You can blame apple for that one.

got that, another question if someone can answer for me, i've got an ibasso D12 and ipod touch 3rd gen on order, will the ie8i's remote functions still work with through the amp or am i gonna be flogging another dead horse, sorry if this has been answered on another thread, but could not find it, i'm just an older fella with a love of good quality music,

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
Quote:
Older gen iPods do not have the hardware support for the remote. You can blame apple for that one.

got that, another question if someone can answer for me, i've got an ibasso D12 and ipod touch 3rd gen on order, will the ie8i's remote functions still work with through the amp or am i gonna be flogging another dead horse, sorry if this has been answered on another thread, but could not find it, i'm just an older fella with a love of good quality music,

if you're using a lineout along with the Ibasso, the remote won't work in controlling the volume of the Ipod, that is dependent on the volume control from the amp. if you're just using the amp out of the 3.5mm jack, then the volume control should work fine, but i would still use the volume control on the amp, anywho, the remote should work fine for switching songs, don't see why it shouldn't

Jan 26, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
Unless the amp is wired through for a TRRS connector, I don't think that the remote function will carry through to the iPod. 

I'll have to go home and look this up, stock crapple ear buds here I come... (they have a remot/mic)

Jan 26, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back