IE8 vs Triple.Fi 10
Mar 30, 2012 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

JoshR

New Head-Fier
Hey people! I currently have the klipsch S4. But I think It's time to upgrade. I listen to hardcore, Scremo, metal and some dubstep. I've found a lot of reviews on the IE8s but not many on the TF10s. I will be using these on an Iphone 4 combine with the app EQu. I'm open to suggestions on other IEMs. Any advice is great.

Thanks
~Josh

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #2 of 13
IE8 = very bassy low end with a large mid-bass hump, veiled midrange, decent treble. Overall a warm and bassy sound

TF10 = punchy bass, slightly distant midrange, sparkly treble. Overall a v-shaped sound that is more colder sounding.

Both are good choices but the TF10 is cheaper than the IE8 and gives better value for money.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #3 of 13
Do you value isolation? The ie8 is open vented so you may have problems with wind noise and other ambient noise.  I personally thought the ie8's look and fit much better than the tf10.  Not only that but the ie8 cable is much less microphonic, less heavy, and just an overall better cable than what the tf10 has.

Then again if you find the right deal, you can get a used TF10 for around $120-130 while a used ie8 still costs around $220-230.  The TF10 is a beast for the price but I'd honestly never wear them in public.  

I've owned both and projectdenz pretty much hit the sound descriptions on both the iems for you.  It goes down to what you're willing to give up as the TF10 is one of the best iems you can buy in the low $100 price range.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
Do you value isolation? The ie8 is open vented so you may have problems with wind noise and other ambient noise.  I personally thought the ie8's look and fit much better than the tf10.  Not only that but the ie8 cable is much less microphonic, less heavy, and just an overall better cable than what the tf10 has.

Then again if you find the right deal, you can get a used TF10 for around $120-130 while a used ie8 still costs around $220-230.  The TF10 is a beast for the price but I'd honestly never wear them in public.  

I've owned both and projectdenz pretty much hit the sound descriptions on both the iems for you.  It goes down to what you're willing to give up as the TF10 is one of the best iems you can buy in the low $100 price range.

If found the isolation differences between the two pretty negligible and able to do the job well on a noisy bus, but that's just me?

What's so ugly about the TF10? I wear it around with pride. Seems a bit shallow.

Mar 30, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #5 of 13
I´ve owned both, take the IE8.

They have more punch to them and sound better. plus the TF10 ae hard to live with, the cable is bad and stiffens with age, the casing is fragile and the famous UE support died when logitec bought them.

Mar 30, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #7 of 13
why not skip the IE8 and go for the IE80?

Quote:
Thank you all so much for the feedback. I believe I am going to go with the IE8.

Mar 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #9 of 13
I own both and I use both frequently, but for different music genres. The IE8 is great for classical, especially symphonies because of its gigantic soundstage and deep bass. But the TF10 is way better for melodeath since its treble is a lot more defined and its bass is fast and punchy. In your case I would say the TF10 is a better choice.

Mar 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #10 of 13
TF10 would sound better for metal hardcore and screamo.  It would sound decent for dubstep too.

Mar 31, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
why not skip the IE8 and go for the IE80?

IE80 and IE8 have the same drivers.

projectdenz nailed the sound signature so I'm not going to describe them. TF10's suffer from quality issues.. the build quality is poor and personally my right driver sounds significantly different to my left (this happened recently about 1.5yrs after I bought it). The IE8's do cost significantly more though.

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
IE80 and IE8 have the same drivers.

projectdenz nailed the sound signature so I'm not going to describe them. TF10's suffer from quality issues.. the build quality is poor and personally my right driver sounds significantly different to my left (this happened recently about 1.5yrs after I bought it). The IE8's do cost significantly more though.

However the IE80 are more maturely and better tuned. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back