IE8 Question
Dec 24, 2009 at 9:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bmei

New Head-Fier
Hey, I was just wondering how the IE8 can compare with the UE Super Fi 5 Pro and Senn HD555s? will the IE8 be a big step up? im thinking if I should really get the IE8s
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 7
I recently upgraded from 5pros to ie8, and also have HD555.
At first, ie8 seems very muddy compared to 5pros (not to mention HD555). The bass is overwhelming and uncontrolled. After several hours (+-20), things get way better.
Bass-wise, ie8 has more quantity but it seems slow in comparison (currently, +-50 hours of burn-in, hope it will get tighter). There is a big midbass hump, that covers low bass, even more than on 5 pro. You like it or you hate it. Personnaly...well, I think I hate it. HOWEVER, the midrange gets better and better as time goes, and is very warm as well as detailed. 5pro mids seem thin in comparison. Highs are very natural, way better than 5pro, imo, but are a bit shy at the moment. But it just could be that 5pro's highs are emphasized around 10-12khz. IE 8 seems to extend further.
Soundstage is nothing to rave about at the moment. I must say that I am a bit disappointed. Maybe I expected too much? I mean, it is not bad (I think 5pros are good also) but when I listen to music, it is not the first thing that strikes me. HOWEVER, it is very recording-dependant.

So, that are my impressions
tongue.gif
but maybe you should hear someone's who listenened to a fully burned-in, 400+ hours ie8.

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I was just wondering how the IE8 can compare with the UE Super Fi 5 Pro and Senn HD555s? will the IE8 be a big step up? im thinking if I should really get the IE8s
smily_headphones1.gif

The IE8s trounce the other two you listed and are my favourite IEMs!
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 4, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #6 of 7
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum so: Hello All
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a question: I am using the Nokia N900 as my only mp3 player. Do u guys think the Sennheiser IE8 is kindda overkill for this phone, or is it worth the money even for this phone? Currently I use the UE metrofi 220
Thanks and the forum is awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back