IE8 Or Monster turbine pro copper.
Mar 2, 2010 at 6:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

ankit255

New Head-Fier
Sorry if this has been discussed already(i couldn't find a thread), but which one is better for bass and overall sound quality-Monster turbine pro copper or Sennheiser ie8.

From the threads I've read until now, the monster ones are actually rated better. Plus i want them more as they look good.

I've asked for price details from their local dealer in Dubai. But without concerning about price, which one would you guys choose over the other?
Thanks to this community for helping me make a decision...

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #2 of 63
Mar 2, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/m...copper-470614/

A bunch of ie8 MTPC comparisons are made in this thread, plus one or two linked reviews.

Discussion of IE8 qualities in a short, recent thread is http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/t...ssical-474753/

Thanks, as i said, MTPC is better for some and equal to ie8 for others according to that thread. What i wanted was a full review-like thread comparing the sound quality of monster and ie8 in different respects such as bass(which i think MTPC wins in) ,mids, lows, highs etc - from people who owned both.
As of now, i think the monster ones win.

Mar 2, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #5 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by knubbe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What music do you listen to? I might be picking up the MTPC and I have an IE8 to compare them to.

Everything but mostly hip-hop,rock,bit of metal. I like music with good amounts of bass....

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 63
Hello @ ankit... I don't have time to write an extensive comparison, although on one of those thread links I did compare extensively the IE8 to the Copper. I have both and here's the thing, the IE8 has a wider soundstage and is much more warmer than the Copper if that's your thing. But the Copper has greater imaging and instrument separation than the IE8. The Copper is also far more detailed than the IE8. The bass has more detail than the IE8. You may get more quantity bass out of the IE8 (especially if you tune the port all the way up), but you want get better quality bass. The Copper has the best quality, and really not that far behind in quantity. The Copper does have a sub-woofer like bass quality that surpasses the IE8. With all of that said, I enjoy both, so you have decide how what is more important to you: soundstage and warmth vs. detail, separation and clarity...

If I had to choose between the two and could only have one, it would be tough, but I would choose the Copper. Hope that helps.

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #9 of 63
Not quite true @ Mark, but again, many don't seem to have heard the Coppers who have also heard the IE8, IE7, e-Q7, ES530 and TF10. I have owned and heard all six. And believe me when I say no one was more skeptical of the Turbines than I was. Now, I have only heard the Copper - not the Gold or Miles Davis. With that said, I'm saying the Copper are just as good and belong next to the IE8 and e-Q7 (which I think are the two best of all the ones I've listed). Mark, have you heard the Copper? I think it would be fair to wait and pass judgment until you have heard them if you haven't. I never speak of any earphone until I've heard it. And again, I'm on record as never being a fan of Monster products. But when someone gets it right you have to give them credit. They got the Copper right. It's great!! My opinion of course. Regards...

Mar 2, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #11 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IE8

ive seen no one rush to proclaim the turbines as a new top tier IEM, when the IE8 came out it was pretty much an instant thing.

Have you read the MTPC thread? Jude, Shigzeo and others have said it's one of the best universal iems.

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #12 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IE8

ive seen no one rush to proclaim the turbines as a new top tier IEM, when the IE8 came out it was pretty much an instant thing.

Agreed! Of all the IEMs I've ever owned it is definitely top 2 (with the W3).
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #14 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I mean no offense, but one really have to love bass to appreciate IE8. And I am one of them!

They are not just awesome bass IEMs. They have the best soundstage of any IEM I've ever heard, incredible detail retrieval, super mids and silky highs...and yes, the bass does ROCK!
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #15 of 63
The Monster iem's have not been rushed to top tier status, because of the obvious bias against monster, not just at headfi, but pretty much the world, Owning all 3 of monster's new iem's Gold, Copper, and Miles Davis, and the ie8, like it or not, the monsters are top tier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back