IE7s for Sony X1060
Sep 22, 2010 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Gdogg

New Head-Fier
I have been using the NC020 headphones that came supplied with my X1060 for a few months now, and im starting to find them a bit uncomfortable and they Hiss alot. So i'm concidering getting new IEMs.

I found the Sennheiser IE7s for £80 and I'm rather tempted, Is the it worth getting them?
If not, what other alternatives are good for the price?

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 9
IE7 has a quite good synergy with Sony X series so You shouldn't be disappointed. I should however clarify one thing - it's not NC 020 hissing, it's Your player. If You want to get rid of hiss You should look for IEMs with higher impedance or start using amplifier

Sep 22, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #3 of 9
I did try the EX82 headphones that came with my old A828 and there was no hiss at all, so it seems to be just the NC020, Although all my other headphones probably just have a higher impendace

Sep 22, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #4 of 9
I used the IE7's with my Sony X for almost a year and they were great together.  They respond great to the Sony EQ, but sound great with the EQ off as well.

As for the hiss issue, I noticed right away when I got my X that there is a background hiss/noise during very quiet passages or when there is no music.  However, I have learned to ignore it.

I have only tried the stock earbuds a couple times and don't recall if the hiss is better or worse than with the IE7's.  From what you say, it may be worse with the NC020.

I say go for the IE7 if the price is right, you won't regret it =)    

Sep 22, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
I have been using the NC020 headphones that came supplied with my X1060 for a few months now, and im starting to find them a bit uncomfortable and they Hiss alot. So i'm concidering getting new IEMs.

I found the Sennheiser IE7s for £80 and I'm rather tempted, Is the it worth getting them?
If not, what other alternatives are good for the price?

IE7 is ok for that price, but hje900 is much better in my opinion ,i find the ie7 to have a thinner harsher less refined sound to the midrange and treble compared to the hje900 .

Sep 22, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #6 of 9
The IE7s where £79 on play.com so I ordered them
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//biggrin.gif" title="
biggrin.gif
" width="" />
My first decent headphones, so im rather looking forward to getting them

The HJE900 look really nice though, if i could get them for that price i would definately get them

Sep 22, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
The IE7s where £79 on play.com so I ordered them
" class="bbcode_smiley" files.head-fi.org="" height="" http:="" images="" p="" smilies="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//biggrin.gif" title="
biggrin.gif
" width="" />
My first decent headphones, so im rather looking forward to getting them

The HJE900 look really nice though, if i could get them for that price i would definately get them

Hope you enjoy the ie7 , i think they sound best with the stock double flange rubber tips or monster triple flange /gel supertips .

hje900 are £87 n amazon .co.uk 
regular_smile .gif

Sep 22, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:

Ive got a set of Comply T-400 from my old headphones i could try too, but they arnt that comfy

cool ,give them a try ,for me comply on the ie7 seem to take to much sparkle out of the treble for my liking,which is strange as they work so well on the pannys .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back