1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

I'e done my due diligence so far.........

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by glorkaglickflic, Nov 13, 2013.
  1. glorkaglickflic
    I was thinking of getting the Etymotic ER 4S because of it neutral, analytical sound, but decided that I want  full sized headphones, because I already have a pair of IEMS (UE Pro fi, with a nice emphasis on the bass, which I like with my iPod when I go the gym, and that is where I only use the IEMS).

I'm looking for a full sized pair of headphones that have as little coloration as possible, are neutral , and analytical.  I'd like to get as close to the Stax Sr009's as possible---that is my goal---but of course for less money. I think the LCD2 and LCD3 are warm, but they have colorations---thats out for me.  Also, I'm looking for open back phones because I'm looking for airiness and soundstage, which I think you still can't get convincingly with closed back phones.

So: I think Hifiman HE 500 or HE6 might be good.  I know the HE6 will be more analytical than the 500.

Do you feel the HE6 would be the best choice?

Can you make any other suggestions?

I have not bought an amp yet, but my first purchase would be the phones.