iDosing poser?
Mar 17, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #16 of 21
hmmm... I'd say that it's sort of like that maze game that has a freaky pop up in the end.  I forget the exact gameplay but I believe that you need to guide a ball through a maze without touching the sides.  As the maze gets more complicated and narrow you sort of need to bring your face closer to your monitor and then at the most intense part the face pops up and gives you a good scare if you're not expecting it.
It obviously doesn't work for everyone and even less if you start out with the mindset that you're not going to get scared.  If you set your friends up properly you can have some good fun though.

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #17 of 21
That's the whole point.  People can fool, scare, and confuse themselves in any number of ways.  If a witch doctor curses someone and they die of fright then did the curse actually work?  The witch doctor may have achieved the desired result but that same result could have been attained with any arbitrary ritual that was ascribed the same power within the victim's culture.

The only conclusion one can draw from this is that the if specifics of the ritual are unimportant then the ritual cannot be the actual cause of death.  The cause of death lies entirely within the mind of the victim.

This i dosing crap is the same thing.  It only works because on someone because they were told beforehand what to expect and then they expect what they were told which can cause anything from small psychosomatic responses to people taking it as an excuse to act silly like with stage "hypnotism".

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #19 of 21
I'm back and the short answer is it didn't actually do anything.  The long answer continues below because it might be considered a spoiler.

The spoiler is after 15 minutes of droning, buzzing, and static the droning gets a lot louder and drastically increases in pitch.  I was almost asleep when that came along and it jolted me to full wakefulness and made me turn down the volume a lot.  I'm not really sure you can call being snapped to attention by a sudden loud noise "special" and worthy of all the excitement this crap is receiving and that's the only thing it did.

There was no twitching, no spasms, no drug trips, no subliminal orders to assassinate political figures, nothing.  For the most part it was so peaceful I almost fell asleep.  I don't know how much more relaxed and open to any sort of semi-supernatural suggestion you could possibly be beyond laying in bed, relaxing, and trying to sleep.

The conclusion is that the sound doesn't actually do anything at all and its just an elaborate game designed to induce an psychosomatic response.

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #21 of 21
Yea, I normally am a skeptic on this kind of stuff, and in this case I'm pretty sure it is 90% placebo effect... it seems like a pseudoscience.

And I still think that kid I mentioned before either had full faith in it (and hence convinced himself it was real after only like 5 minutes of dosage) and that it was all in his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back