Ideas for a teen summer job
Apr 6, 2007 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

rockin_amigo14

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, it's that time of year again. 4th marking quarter is beginning, the school shows are over, the women are finally letting the twins out.....wait, scratch that last part. i swear, it's just the raging hormones
evil_smiley.gif

anyway, since I'm looking purchase a decent pair of cans, plus a portable amp, and if I'm lucky a Macbook (and probably a soundcard), plus a few things not audio-related (sorry, but they do exist. by the thousands actually), I'll be needing a summer job. I'd like to avoid working in food again, considering how when I'm around food ALL the time, I don't eat. I ended up losing 13 lbs last summer, and I didn't work out once. So I'll try to stay away.

I've put in a resumé at a music store nearby, and they said they'll call for interviews at some point. I'm also going to a nearby ice-cream stand tomorrow, though I think they have all the help they need.

I'll be 17 by the time the summer starts, so I'm looking for job suggestions. Just make a list, and I'll narrow it down according to what's available for me.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. - yes, i know i'll probably end up in food anyway.

Apr 6, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #3 of 54
anything in retail will help you substantially.

Apr 6, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 54
My sister worked at cingular, and it paid very well, even though she didn't have experience. Also you get the phone perks. As long as you can be friendly to anyone it is a good job.

Apr 6, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #6 of 54
Do what i do, go out with as many girls as you can. Oh yeah, summer job. Well i can't recommend you anything since i run my own little professional detailing business :p (hard work out btw).

edit: Book store or music store, lots of cute chicks goes there.

Apr 6, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #7 of 54
Meh, I'm facing the same problem. The summer before college is approaching and I can't find work anywhere (I don't want to work food again as well).

Except I know I'll probably end up in food too.

Apr 6, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #8 of 54
If you can get certified by summer, there is absolutely NOTHING better than being a lifeguard. I had lots of different jobs when I was in my teens and 20's but there is nothing that can compare. Nothing even comes close.

If that won't work and you're looking to purchase audio gear, try getting on at a consumer electronics store. (CompUSA, Best Buy, etc...) The discount you receive will make up for the low pay/crappy work environment.

Apr 6, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #10 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can get certified by summer, there is absolutely NOTHING better than being a lifeguard. I had lots of different jobs when I was in my teens and 20's but there is nothing that can compare. Nothing even comes close.

But don't you have to be a ridiculously good swimmer?

Apr 6, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #11 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by keanej6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pizza delivery. you get decent tips and you get to chill and listen to music in your car.

Does he have a car? Can he even drive legally?

Apr 6, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #12 of 54
If you could somehow get a union job you'll make a crapload of money.

Apr 6, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #13 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does he have a car? Can he even drive legally?

this is really coming around to bite me in the butt. i'm getting my brothers Chevy Astro van when he goes off to college. it gets a whooping 12 mpg.

aside from that, i've put off getting my driving permit for over a year now. MD requires you to have it for 6 months before even signing up to take the test for your license.....i'm going to get my permit on saturday.

i might take a trip to blockbuster/radioshack, see if they're looking for help.

the ideas are great guys! keep em coming!

Apr 6, 2007 at 7:38 AM Post #14 of 54
Don't permits require you to drive with someone that has a senior license?

edit: blockbuster is great idea too! hehe, lots of chicks go there, especially friday and saturday night sleep overs.

Apr 6, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #15 of 54
well obviously i was suggesting being a pizza delivery mang if you were legally qualified which it sounds like you aren't. the place i worked for paid for my gas on top of the tips i made
cool.gif
Best job for a lazy high school student that i was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back