iCAN micro SE – (thanks to Meze - you guys are great!) Things are a rockin.
Jan 14, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #256 of 600

i-Fi and Meze competition: from #4 down to #2.

Really great entries throughout. Took us a long time to discuss between us and with Meze. But winners there had to be. So here you go:

4. Hawaiibadboy

A serious yoda fan. The Meze guys really dig your work. They would like you to have the Meze Classic (US$300) headphones. So PM those guys or you can PM us and we'll put you in touch.

3. moedawg140

Cute baby Ingrid Leia; the girls in the i-Fi office went gaga. Major Darth dress-up. Video with message too. This is pretty darn impressive.  The Meze guys wereblown away!

2. Bansaku

Just how many audiophile K-9s live at Bansaku's place? Are you running a shelter for K-9s? Anyway, they are seen chillin to tunes and doing their very best Chewie impressions.

Congrats to you all!
normal_smile .gif

Please PM us with:

- name
- address
- telephone
- email

(only for organising delivery)

Congrats guys!

As for myself...

BIG thanks to iFi and Meze for an awesome competition!
beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #257 of 600
Wow, I think I broke Head-fi trying to edit my post! Seems 5 gifs is too much....all I wanted to do was add that I am giving away my spot on the 99 Classic tour...
frown.gif

Anyway, congrats to the winners! I am on top of the world!!

beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #259 of 600
Congrats to all the winners! Kudos to iFi and Meze for such a great, fun contest! :D

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #260 of 600

i-Fi and Meze competition: from #4 down to #2.

Really great entries throughout. Took us a long time to discuss between us and with Meze. But winners there had to be. So here you go:

4. Hawaiibadboy

A serious yoda fan. The Meze guys really dig your work. They would like you to have the Meze Classic (US$300) headphones. So PM those guys or you can PM us and we'll put you in touch.

3. moedawg140

Cute baby Ingrid Leia; the girls in the i-Fi office went gaga. Major Darth dress-up. Video with message too. This is pretty darn impressive.  The Meze guys wereblown away!

2. Bansaku

Just how many audiophile K-9s live at Bansaku's place? Are you running a shelter for K-9s? Anyway, they are seen chillin to tunes and doing their very best Chewie impressions.

Congrats to you all!
normal_smile .gif

Please PM us with:

- name
- address
- telephone
- email

(only for organising delivery)

Congrats guys!

As for myself...

BIG thanks to iFi and Meze for an awesome competition!
beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #262 of 600
Dagnabit! This video is a must watch!
Now I have to start saving to compliment the iCAN SE and my Teac.... 
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #265 of 600
tongue.gif

I've got the iUSB3.0 and I can tell you that even it performs better with split power and signal cables. When I upgraded from feeding it from the computer with a single ended to having an all split setup I could hear the difference in clarity, depth, and note decay. I just wish I could have the iUSB3.0 on every setup I have. I was hoping to get at least an iPurifier2 out of working Christmas into the competition, but I guess I'll just have to buy one.

Congrats winners! I feel bad that of the two number one contenders (in my mind), that one will end up with nothing. :frowning2: Best of luck to those remaining and having a shot at this. I love iFi gear, I only wish I could afford more of it.

Enjoy!

Jan 15, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #266 of 600

tongue.gif

I've got the iUSB3.0 and I can tell you that even it performs better with split power and signal cables. When I upgraded from feeding it from the computer with a single ended to having an all split setup I could hear the difference in clarity, depth, and note decay. I just wish I could have the iUSB3.0 on every setup I have. I was hoping to get at least an iPurifier2 out of working Christmas into the competition, but I guess I'll just have to buy one.

Congrats winners! I feel bad that of the two number one contenders (in my mind), that one will end up with nothing. :frowning2: Best of luck to those remaining and having a shot at this. I love iFi gear, I only wish I could afford more of it.

Enjoy!

I think that the iUSB3 has all the tech of the iP2 built into it already..............so you are a winner.

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #267 of 600
  I think that the iUSB3 has all the tech of the iP2 built into it already..............so you are a winner.

Hi,

If you have the iUSB3.0, then you do not need to buy the iPurifier2. This is because they both perform the same Asynchronous REclock/REgenerate/REbalance of the audio signal. The iUSB3.0 puts out a brand new power supply while the iP2 filters the power supply.

The iUSB3.0 has the latest USB3.0 active hub chipset. The iPurifier2 has the USB2.0 active hub chip (on a similar level with others that are on the market). These iFi products have all the extra documented features so the hub chip is the start and then we build upon it.

Hope this helps.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 15, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #268 of 600

Hi,

If you have the iUSB3.0, then you do not need to buy the iPurifier2. This is because they both perform the same Asynchronous REclock/REgenerate/REbalance of the audio signal. The iUSB3.0 puts out a brand new power supply while the iP2 filters the power supply.

The iUSB3.0 has the latest active USB3.0 hub repeater chipset. The iPurifier2 has the USB2.0 repeater (on a similar level with others that are on the market). These iFi products have all the extra documented features so the hub chip is the start and then we build upon it.

Hope this helps.

I know that I can move around the iUSB3.0, but I don't like moving around all the USB cables that come with it. Having an iPurifier2 is much more portable. I use the iUSB3.0 with my living room setup, but I'd like to have most of the iUSB3.0 benefits on the go, so I can take it into work. I know I'm definitely a winner, as I won the iUSB3.0. I'm never giving it up.
L3000.gif

The iCan was beautiful with my HD600. The bass boost was perfect and accomodated the one major weakness of the HD600. I was really hoping to hear the iCan SE and drop down a review on it. I'll cross my fingers that a friend with more disposable income gets one so I can do so.

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #269 of 600
Yes well done indeed, I should have said that. The iCAN micro SE I had on loan from ifi Audio has now gone back sadly. Its certainly an excellent device and very good for the money as came quite close the sound from my main headphone amp which is 4 or 5 times the price. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back