iCAN micro SE – (thanks to Meze - you guys are great!) Things are a rockin.
Jan 12, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #242 of 600

From #7 down to #5. iPurifier 2 for each of these contestants

While we are still not quite in a party mood, we decided to publish the next 3 winners. The following three have won an iPurifier2. Well done.

It is an Active Asynchronous USB Hub Repeater (US$109/Euro119).

Locate the iPurifier2 after the USB cable and before the DAC. Expect quite a jump in performance as short of the flagship micro iUSB3.0, there is nothing that cleans the signal like this guy.

7. Whitigir

Ready and willing to put yourself out there. The iPurifer2 should help you hear more 'into' your music.

6. nmatheis

Star Wars and Star Trek afficionado - we like it. The iPurifier2 should inject some 'warp speed' into your system.

5. Ancient.Dream

The Fidelios are great bang for the buck headphones, they punch well above their price class. Again, the iPurifier2 should give your music a nice uplift and you'll hear it on the Fidelios.

Please PM with your
- name
- address
- contact telephone and
- email.

The Meze guys would also like to also give you all a big pat on the back.

Congrats guys!

beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #245 of 600
Can I go:

PC line out > 3.5mm to phono adapter > iCAN SE ?

So, using the PC's DAC but the iCAN SE as the amp??

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #247 of 600
  Can I go:

PC line out > 3.5mm to phono adapter > iCAN SE ?

So, using the PC's DAC but the iCAN SE as the amp??

You can do that, but there are so many good cheap DACs out there that I highly recommend you upgrade. Also, you'd want to know what the output impedance of your sound card is as an impedance mismatch can cause some nastiness on the sound. Someone correct me if I've got anything mixed up.

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #249 of 600
  You can do that, but there are so many good cheap DACs out there that I highly recommend you upgrade. Also, you'd want to know what the output impedance of your sound card is as an impedance mismatch can cause some nastiness on the sound. Someone correct me if I've got anything mixed up.

I will give it a try and let you know, will also try 3.5mm > 3.5mm input

My SE is still on a delivery truck somewhere..... hopefully it arrives by the end of the week.

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #251 of 600
This padawan never learns, but I have lots of ways to ask the same question. Meze teasing us earlier makes it tough to wait for my Jedi training to finish.
beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #252 of 600

i-Fi and Meze competition: from #4 down to #2.

Really great entries throughout. Took us a long time to discuss between us and with Meze. But winners there had to be. So here you go:

4. Hawaiibadboy

You won the Meze 99 Classic headphones (US$300)

200x200px-ZC-26e9ed76_99classicsgoldfront.jpeg

A serious yoda fan. The Meze guys really dig your work. They would like you to have the Meze Classic (US$300) headphones. So PM those guys or you can PM us and we'll put you in touch.

3. moedawg140

You won micro iCAN se (US$300)

Cute baby Ingrid Leia; the girls in the i-Fi office went gaga. Major Darth dress-up. Video with message too. This is pretty darn impressive.  The Meze guys wereblown away!

2. Bansaku

micro iCAN SE + Meze 99 Classic headphones = US$600
200x200px-ZC-26e9ed76_99classicsgoldfront.jpeg
+

Just how many audiophile K-9s live at Bansaku's place? Are you running a shelter for K-9s? Anyway, they are seen chillin to tunes and doing their very best Chewie impressions.

Congrats to you all!
normal_smile .gif

Please PM us with:

- name
- address
- telephone
- email

(only for organising delivery)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 14, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #253 of 600
Congrats, all! That's some serious swag! Now we're into Highlander mode. Wow, thanks for iFi and Meze for putting this on. You know, they didn't have to do this at all.

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #254 of 600

Oh ****..

I mean..

Code:
 _________________________________________ / You, thank! Hmmmm! ! Herh Herh Herh \ | Herh! Very cool. Yeesssssss! Something, | | I won! Herh Herh Herh Herh! ! Sending | \ pm / ----------------------------------------- \ \ ____ _.' : `._ .-.'`. ; .'`.-. __ / : ___ ; /___ ; __ ,'_ ""--.:__;".-.";: :".-.":__;.--"" _`, :' `.t""--.. '<@.`;_ ',@>` ..--""j.' `; `:-.._J '-.-'L__ `-- ' L_..-;' "-.__ ; .-" "-. : __.-" L ' /.------. ' J "-. "--" .-" __.l"-:_JL_;-";.__ .-j/'.; ;"""" / .'"-. .' /:`. "-.: .-" .'; `. .-" / ; "-. "-..-" .-" : "-. .+"-. : : "-.__.-" ;-._ ; `.; ; : : "+. ; : ; ; ; : ; : : ; : ; : ;: ; : : ; : ; : ; / :: ; ; : ; : ; : ;: : : ; : ; : : ; : ; ; : ; : ; ; ; ; : `."-; : ; : ; / ; ; -: ; : ; : .-" : : : ; : .-" : ;`. ; : ;.'_..-- / ; : "-. "-: ; :/." .' : : ;/ __ : .-`. /t-"" ":-+. : `. .-" `l __/ /`. : ; ; ; .-" .-"-.-" .' .'j / ;/ / .-" /. .'.' ;_:' ; :-""-.`./-.' / `.___.' `t ._ / "-.t-._:'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back