iCAN micro SE – (thanks to Meze - you guys are great!) Things are a rockin.
Jan 12, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #226 of 600
Congratulations to all the winners!

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #227 of 600

I keep getting reminded of this, and now I must remind myself.

Congratulations winners!

The suspense is killing me on finding out the rest of the winners.

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #228 of 600
Ah, beautiful! Congrats, winners! I've heard great things about the iPurifier2. Some say it's a super bang for your buck, in that it works even better than most expected. That makes you double-winners! (I haven't bought one because I have the iUSB3.0.)

beerchug.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #230 of 600
Thank you Ifi for selecting me as a winner ! I appreciate so so much ! This is my first time to ever have won anything on head-fi, and the first winner for however many events that I had participated in general.....(never won anything before) lol. I am super excited and suprised, never thought I would win! Thank you, thank you ! Congrats on all the winners overall

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #231 of 600
There was a suicide bombing in Turkey today that claimed the lives of 10 people and wounded 'about 15 other people' (this according to the Wall Street Journal). I think that if we can postpone the announcement of winners because of the death of one man (no matter his status as an individual), then we can and should postpone the announcement of the next winners in respect for the victims of this terror attack. Of course, it isn't my decision to make, however.

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #232 of 600
There was a suicide bombing in Turkey today that claimed the lives of 10 people and wounded 'about 15 other people' (this according to the Wall Street Journal). I think that if we can postpone the announcement of winners because of the death of one man (no matter his status as an individual), then we can and should postpone the announcement of the next winners in respect for the victims of this terror attack. Of course, it isn't my decision to make, however.

Yeah, but perhaps we are wrong (and I'm not saying that because of the contest). Maybe music cures a lot of ills. I know I always look forward to everyone going to sleep in my home, and then kicking back with high quality gear to set (reset?) my mind and put it ease. There is only me and the music, in that moment alone.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't iFi point us to a published document about tubes/valves giving a listener a sense of wellbeing?

I wonder if the same can be said for TubeState.

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #233 of 600
I just think that, if David Bowie dying warrants postponing the announcement of winners in this contest, then people dying and getting wounded from a bomb blast in Turkey should be awarded the same privilege. Not doing so, it seems to me, would suggest that David Bowie's life was more important than all of the people who died and were harmed today and I don't believe that to be true. Just because they weren't celebrities does not mean that they are worth less than David Bowie is.

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #234 of 600
Double-A I think no one was intending any harm today. The news is new to a lot of us and we will remember the tragic event today. But people are different and will deal with it different. I do not think any more winner will be announced today to honor what happend, I congratulate the winners so far and I wish you all and myself more peace in the world.

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #235 of 600
I just think that, if David Bowie dying warrants postponing the announcement of winners in this contest, then people dying and getting wounded from a bomb blast in Turkey should be awarded the same privilege. Not doing so, it seems to me, would suggest that David Bowie's life was more important than all of the people who died and were harmed today and I don't believe that to be true. Just because they weren't celebrities does not mean that they are worth less than David Bowie is.

Yeah, I wasn't going to respond, but let's put the apples with the apples, shall we? David Bowie was a singer/songwriter/musician, and this whole site deals primarily the love of music, listening to music, the gear we listen to music on and with. If every tragedy in this world put a stop to every celebration, then forget about your birthdays, your weddings, the births of children, good food, good cinema (Star Wars), good liquor and good sex.

I would never, ever imply that you are wrong about your feelings (nor would I suggest that for anybody else); I was merely reflecting that music can often times heal. I think that's why music was created, because human beings need all of the healing we can get.
redface.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #236 of 600
My heart goes out to victims of this tragedy and their families ..but I agree with EVOLVIST.

..on a brighter note - Thank you iFi for choosing my entry and Congratz to all winners - future, past and present!
M.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #237 of 600
Yeah, I wasn't going to respond, but let's put the apples with the apples, shall we? David Bowie was a singer/songwriter/musician, and this whole site deals primarily the love of music, listening to music, the gear we listen to music on and with. If every tragedy in this world put a stop to every celebration, then forget about your birthdays, your weddings, the births of children, good food, good cinema (Star Wars), good liquor and good sex.

I would never, ever imply that you are wrong about your feelings (nor would I suggest that for anybody else); I was merely reflecting that music can often times heal. I think that's why music was created, because human beings need all of the healing we can get. :xf_eek:  

You deserve the best post of the year !

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #238 of 600
@solhuebner: I don't feel like anybody was intentionally causing harm. I'm sorry that I've offended people.

@EVOLVIST: I shouldn't have said anything. The point that I was trying to make wasn't that we should morn every tragedy, but I wasn't trying to start an argument, so can we mutually agree to drop this? I don't want this thread to degrade into a bicker fest. And that isn't an attack on you EVOLVIST. I started this whole thing. It's my fault.

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #240 of 600
Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back