IC: Upcoming Toronto Meet
Jan 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #61 of 247
Looks like there's definitely interest, think it's time to nail down a date? 

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #62 of 247
this sounds fun. interested, and subscribed lol

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #63 of 247
if i can get ride, i will try to bring the most of stuff from my inventory including my future purchase of little dot mk6+ amp.
i hope i can make it...

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #65 of 247
Quote:
...there are lots of vacant/abandoned warehouses along the train tracks...maybe we can hold a meet in one of those?   

ps. j/k

You really can't be serious!!!??

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #66 of 247
Quote:
Great ideas, somebody get in touch with him, hopefully with some of the builders/manufacturers in the community as well. :)

Guys, we kind of need somebody to take the lead on this; pull interested people together and get things rolling (interested vendors, builders, manufacturers and local merchants are fairly easy to find and contact). It's not that scary, a few of hours of plannings the logistics of space rental, tables/chairs with wall power access is all it takes :) Rental costs area easily covered by entry fees, donations or raffles at the event.

I'm totally not opposed to hosting, in fact it's the easiest and most convenient for me in terms of transportation and logistics, I just want to push for community involvement in this fun part of the hobby. :) If somebody wants to set up a meet at a conference room, meeting room, hall, personal house, whatever; that would be awesome. :) We've had meets at Libraries, rented hotel meeting rooms, condo party rooms, basements of houses, pretty much any place available. :) Lets see what we come up with next! :)

Hey Pav - it's not looking too promising.  Lots of interest, many newbies.  However, in addition to nobody taking the lead, a lack of interested vendors, builders, manufacturers and local merchants, there doesn't seem to be any high-end gear being brought, let alone any gear. It sure would be nice to hear a SR-009/BHSS combo, or an LCD-3, HE-6, Taket H-2, PS-1, PS-1000, MDR R-10 or even an Orpheus.  Love to hear the following amps - BHSS, KGSSHV, LL, Aristeus to name a few.
Well, hopefully spring will generate more interest.

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #67 of 247
Hey Pav - it's not looking too promising.  Lots of interest, many newbies.  However, in addition to nobody taking the lead, a lack of interested vendors, builders, manufacturers and local merchants, there doesn't seem to be any high-end gear being brought, let alone any gear. It sure would be nice to hear a SR-009/BHSS combo, or an LCD-3, HE-6, Taket H-2, PS-1, PS-1000, MDR R-10 or even an Orpheus.  Love to hear the following amps - BHSS, KGSSHV, LL, Aristeus to name a few.
Well, hopefully spring will generate more interest.

I can see what you mean. I'm surprised that the smaller headphone shops wouldn't be interested in this. Although I would like to try some really high end gear it will also be nice to get together with some ppl from the community that enjoy the same hobby.

The only cans I have are a Sony MDR-ZX700 and the HE400s and I will gladly bring them with my asgard/odac/e11.

If somebuddy is interested in taking the lead but is a bit shy or wants some help send me a PM. I'm not from Toronto so I don't know the local lay of the land but I'm willing to help out.

Unless you guys wanna have it in Brantford.....in my basement..... Next to the bowflex bahahaha (j/k)

Edit: You know what, I will take the first step. For the ppl who are actually interested in going PM what gear you are going to bring (I will not be going back in the thread to re read comments and what gear, PM me) and I will make a spreadsheet with the names and the gear as an inventory. I will then keep this thread updated (or start a new one) with the inventory list so that we know roughly how many ppl and what gear we got.

I'm putting this out there, it's up to the rest of you guys now too.

Cheers

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #68 of 247
I don't have the pocket change to interest charliex, and he's heard my gear already -- but I am happy to bring the T1's, WA2, and MDAC whenever the next meet is set for.

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #69 of 247
Ok guys,

As I posted in my last post, with the lack of ppl wanting to take the lead I thought I would start and make a spreadsheet with the ppl who are interested in going and the gear they would bring. I have received 3 PMs so far which is nice but it would be better if the ball was rolling more. 

To demonstrate and hopefully get the more ppl to PM me I present to you the spreadsheet as it is so far. Hopefully this will motivate more ppl to sign up as it will help determine the size room we will need and it will give us an idea of what kind of turn out.

As I mentioned before:

If you are interested in going please PM me with what gear you would bring. I will not be going back to re-read posts about who is going and what gear, you have to PM me and I will add you to the sheet. 

Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxipEdDGaHW4Rjgzd3VoT0E4RXc/edit

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #70 of 247
Well hello to everyone again,

Got a little mini update that might intrigue some ppl that are subscribed to this thread.

charliex has contact me and is going to be very generous in that he is going to be taking requests on what equipment to bring (headphones/amps ect) so that way if there are multiple ppl requesting the same thing he will bring it.

He has asked me to post about it so please feel free to go to his user profile and look at his inventory.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/102487/charliex

If there is something that intrigues you and you want to request it, please PM ME (not him) and after I get a few requests I will send him a msg with the list. That way we keep bugging him to a minimum. Now please remember he will not be bringing his whole collection , it is too much to lug around, so if everyone requests everything he will ultimately have the final say as to what actually comes.

Cheers

Edit: I have also started to gather a list of other user names on head fi from the area and will be msging them all soon. I now realize that not everyone checks this subform so hopefully this will also generate more attendees.

As stated in my previous post, if you are subscribed to this thread and you haven't PM'ed me….. 

please PM me with what gear you would bring. I will not be going back to re-read posts about who is going and what gear, you have to PM me and I will add you to the spreadsheet.

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #71 of 247
Woah. Thank you so much charliex

To be entirely honest I'd love to hear it all, but I'll stay within reason haha. I'll get back on this one. 

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #72 of 247
Sorry, I'm quite the noob, so I really don't have much to offer that you guys don't already have or have heard.  But I would love to hear what you guys have!

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #73 of 247
yeah, i'm in the same boat as joebobbilly. I only have the HD650 at the moment.

Jan 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #74 of 247
Where is this going to be held and when?

I can bring HE-500 and maybe Bifrost.

Would be great if someone can bring the Lyr

Jan 27, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #75 of 247
Where is this going to be held and when?

I can bring HE-500 and maybe Bifrost.

Would be great if someone can bring the Lyr

There has been no location or time set as of yet. Right now I am gathering info on attendees and equipment. If you would like to attend please read my previous post above. After we have an idea of how many ppl we will set a time and location and then I will confirm for a final number count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back