IC: Upcoming Toronto Meet
Nov 10, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #17 of 247

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #20 of 247
I would sooo love to go as this would be my first Head-Fi meet / event ever!

Please keep us updated!

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #21 of 247
I went to bay bloor radio for the second time ever, and first after joining head-fi. Super enlightening. My wallet hates me already, but I would love to go to a meet whenever it can be done.

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #22 of 247
I would love to hear some new headphones and amps without spending a fortune and not knowing if I'll like them.

If anyone has an ATH-AD2000 I would love to hear them and compare them to Sennheiser 650 or higher-end models.

A meet would be a nice opportunity to showcase what you own and love as well. 
happy_face1.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #23 of 247
Quote:
I would love to hear some new headphones and amps without spending a fortune and not knowing if I'll like them.

If anyone has an ATH-AD2000 I would love to hear them and compare them to Sennheiser 650 or higher-end models.

A meet would be a nice opportunity to showcase what you own and love as well. 
happy_face1.gif

I don't think the AD2k are there,but if you've ever been to Bay Bloor Radio, you can audition a bunch of other Denons, K550s, a wide array of Grados, and the Senn HD650. I did that and wow, with all the talk these guys create around here, they sure to walk the walk.

Very bad environment for open cans though, so I'd love to try em out in a.... quieter venue

I suspect by the time something is arranged, I'll have myself a decent collection of gear already haha.

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #25 of 247
Quote:
If anyone ever wants to try the D5000 (sorry no D2000 here) you can arrange to meet up and w\I can let you try mine. Same goes for my K550 and my Q701.

I would love to try the K550 and Q701 in a better setting than BBR. 

Is the K550 really as bass light as they sounded in BBR?

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #26 of 247
Missed the Vancouver one in September so I'm definitely up for one, gonna be in Toronto area from January-April. 

Dec 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #29 of 247
Quote:
I'm always up for one.

On no, they killed Kenny!  : )

I've never been to a meet either.  I've always imagined a big room full of gear and people trying things out, changing different headphones and sources, with every kind of music available (and a guard at the door making sure no one leaves with anything they didn't come with! =).  

I think music is highly subjective, what sounds great to someone may not be what another is looking for in the same sound.   There is also the novelty factor, new sounds are more exciting than what we are used to.

It looks like there is plenty of interest, so it's a matter of finding a convenient place.  Perhaps a university hall or lecture room, maybe something with tables and chairs would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back