IC: Salt Lake City meet?
Feb 3, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #61 of 108
Thanks. I have two of my own. Yours brings us to three, and unless people have a lot more gear than so far indicated, we should be fine.

Feb 4, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #62 of 108
I'm likely to fill one of those plastic storage boxes with misc. headphones, but they don't all have to come out.

I need to dig my 50w hitachi mosfet power amp out of the cabinet it's in so i can open up the matching preamp and clean it's switch contacts, so, I may bring the hitachi power amp and my old SOHA as a preamp to drive electrostatic transformer boxes.

And i would be remiss if i didn't bring my eXStatA prototypes, but maybe just the SS version, since the tube hybrid is still air-wired on a chunk of plywood.

I'm embarrassed to admit that i still haven't make a Koss ESP950 to Stax Pro Bias adapter cable for my own ESP950. Maybe I'll be able to whip one up friday night. (Tonight I'm bowling until way too late)

Edit: Waitaminute, am i the only person attending who has electrostatic headphones? Should i bring . . . all of them?

Feb 4, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #63 of 108
I currently have no stats, but I do have some on the the way from the UK. Probably won't be here for another week or two.

Bring whatever you like. We'll make room.

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #65 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyzone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't have any electrostats but I'm excited to hear some for the first time

I have a sneaky suspicion that i actually know you.

Did you used to work somewhere that had orange-shirt fridays?

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #66 of 108
There's a chance I might be able to make this, albeit a little bit late. If I can come I'll bring an old yamaha stereo amp and a extra card table and extension chords etc. just in case they are needed.

Feb 5, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #68 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyzone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha no i dont think so... I'm from CA originally, just out here for school

Oh, ok. I briefly worked with a guy who had an IM handle similar to your head-fi username.

Nobody there ever explained to me why it was expected of people to wear an orange shirt on friday. The few people i asked directly said they didn't know.

I was just a temp, and declined to purchase an orange shirt to fit in. Which, in retrospect, would have been a career limiting move if they hadn't decided to shut down the whole operation and move it to california anyway.

There are just a limited number of people named Jeremy, and one of them is my brother, and two are former coworkers. One a current coworker. And you don't sound like my coworker from graveyard shift internet help desk back in 2002.

Feb 5, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #69 of 108
I am sending out my address and phone number tonight via PM. These are the names I currently have:

Wasatch
Ericj
Andy777
JeremyZone
Kshelton

Did I leave anyone out?

If you have a card table, extension cord and power strip, please bring it. Better we have too many than not enough.

Feb 5, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #70 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, ok. I briefly worked with a guy who had an IM handle similar to your head-fi username.

Nobody there ever explained to me why it was expected of people to wear an orange shirt on friday. The few people i asked directly said they didn't know.

I was just a temp, and declined to purchase an orange shirt to fit in. Which, in retrospect, would have been a career limiting move if they hadn't decided to shut down the whole operation and move it to california anyway.

There are just a limited number of people named Jeremy, and one of them is my brother, and two are former coworkers. One a current coworker. And you don't sound like my coworker from graveyard shift internet help desk back in 2002.

oh yeah, not me
normal_smile .gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #71 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sending out my address and phone number tonight via PM. These are the names I currently have:

Wasatch
Ericj
Andy777
JeremyZone
Kshelton

Did I leave anyone out?

If you have a card table, extension cord and power strip, please bring it. Better we have too many than not enough.

PMs including my address have been sent to the above-listed names. Others are welcomed to come, but I need your name today or very early tomorrow.

The time for the meetup is 2:00PM on 2/6/10. Everyone is welcome to come later than this time, but please do not come earlier than 2:00 since I am the sort of guy who waits until the last minute to do things, and will probably not finish setting up tables and such until 1:55PM. I'm thinking festivities will end at about 6:00PM, but may go on later than that.

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #72 of 108
I will try to make it but I am not sure I will have someone to watch my son
frown.gif
. My wife doesn't get home from work until after 7:00 PM. But I will try to work something out.

Feb 5, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #73 of 108
Quote:

The time for the meetup is 2:00PM on 2/6/10. Everyone is welcome to come later than this time, but please do not come earlier than 2:00 since I am the sort of guy who waits until the last minute to do things, and will probably not finish setting up tables and such until 1:55PM. I'm thinking festivities will end at about 6:00PM, but may go on later than that.

Great I will definitely be able to make it then. I think I'll be about 1 hour late. I will be bringing RS-1, HD650, Woo Wa6, Cambridge Dac Magic, and an old Yamaha stereo receiver.

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #74 of 108
Can't wait to hear the DacMagic go up against my vintage DACs. I'm always scared to get the modern stuff when I can get an Adcom or something for $200.

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #75 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great I will definitely be able to make it then. I think I'll be about 1 hour late. I will be bringing RS-1, HD650, Woo Wa6, Cambridge Dac Magic, and an old Yamaha stereo receiver.

another thing i'm excited to hear: WA 6

i'll bring my HD650s as well (Zu Audio cable), my beyer dt770s, and my presonus central station (DAC/amp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back