IC: Salt Lake City meet?
Jan 10, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #18 of 108
I live in Orem but I work in WVC, so I'm pretty much over the pain of driving over the point to get places.

Sugarhouse would work fine for me. My house is in a state of arrested re-development, but Some Day when the remodeling is done upstairs, I could host, if i thought you salt lake county people could bear to drive down here. I have a fairly large front room.

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #20 of 108
I'm in! Just need to know when and such. Age: 24. Currently live in Logan; family in West Jordan and girlfriend in Layton.

Gear: Headamp Pico DAC/AMP, Grado HF2, Etymotic ER4P

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #21 of 108
Anyone want to suggest a venue that they don't live in, in case it's more than 5 people?

Also because I have way too many headphones, and can potentially bring a carload of potentially interesting gear.

Jan 13, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #22 of 108
It turns out that i know an artist who has som exhibition space in Sugarhouse. Dunno that it would be appropriate or available, but it might be. I mean, head-fi folk should be safe to mill about around paintings.

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #23 of 108
Sounds like an excellent idea. If necessary I volunteer to go there in advance to set up some tables or do other things necessary to get the meet going

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It turns out that i know an artist who has som exhibition space in Sugarhouse. Dunno that it would be appropriate or available, but it might be. I mean, head-fi folk should be safe to mill about around paintings.

We should maybe get to the point where we are talking about dates. I am available basically any weekend in the foreseeable future.

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #26 of 108
Seriously. I'll step out on a limb and propose that we meet on Saturday, Feb 6 at my house in Salt Lake. If someone wants to propose a different venue, that is fine; please do. The important thing is that we move the ball forward and set a date.

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #27 of 108
We can certainly plan for a mini-meet or something that day, or just see how many people show up.

I'll bet . . . the buds that came with my sansa clip . . . that I have more headphones than the rest of the people in this thread combined. (It's a bad habit - i keep buying headphones. Mostly vintage cans.)

So if anyone wants to hear something, check my profile and state in this thread what you want me to bring.

Jan 20, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #29 of 108
I should probably bring YH-1 and YH-3 as well so you can hear all the major yamahas. The YH-2 is pretty much a YH-3 in a noisier, italian-designed frame. I have a yh-2 but it doesn't work properly at the moment. The HP-50 is a HP/YH-3 with a single-entry cable, and mine isn't damped yet.

See, this is my problem with meets. I start thinking about what to bring, and within minutes i'm rationalizing that i shouldn't not bring the modern fostex to compare with the vintage yamaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back