IC: Salt Lake City meet?
Jan 31, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #47 of 108
It seems increasingly likely that mid-day on the 6th will work for me.

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #48 of 108
Oops! I totally forgot to check in on this thread. This stinks, the 6th is the first Saturday I've been busy in months!
frown.gif
Oh well, I'm always up for this so if anything happens again I will definitely be there.

I'm 31 and live in West Valley BTW.

Feb 1, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #49 of 108
How does Feb 6 at 2:00 pm sound? Eric, if another time will better suit your schedule, please let us know.

Feb 2, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #52 of 108
BTW, guys, if anyone has a card table or some other sort of easy-to-transport table, please bring it along. I want to make sure we have plenty of table top space for gear.

Also, what sort of refreshments do you guys want? The wife and I are vegetarian, so we don't know how to cater well to normal folk. Suggestions welcomed.

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #53 of 108
Does anybody have a small but good-sounding speaker amp to bring? By small i mean it doesn't have to output more than 10 watts or so, as long as it does it really well.

I'd like to bring my Sony ECR-500 uni-electrets, but if i can avoid having to extract my little Rotel from the computer desk or lug along a 100w power amp + preamp, that would be great.

A T-Amp would power it just fine, but, if someone has something nicer than a T-Amp, that's good too.

Feb 3, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #55 of 108
As to freshments, chips/salsa, potatoe chips and soda is fine, but whatever you want to do. I can bring some beer if you like, let me know.

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #56 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My EHHA may be sufficient to power it. I don't know for sure, though. . .

The transformer primaries on the ECR box are ~6 ohms. They don't need much power. If you can drive small speakers with the EHHA you can drive the ECR transformers.

I should clarify: By way of example, the Stax SRD-X consists of a 7-watt battery powered class a-b chip amp and two fairly similar transformers, and it drives Lambdas just fine - and Lambdas need more juice than ECRs. If my M3 were upgraded to the beefier power supply, it would most likely drive the ECR transformers just fine. Your EHHA is bigger than my M3, most likely.

Feb 3, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #57 of 108
Well, it looks like my saturday is cleared for this shindig.

I should point out that sources are my weak spot. I can bring a laptop with an M-Audio Transit and a dozen or so portable DAPs. And like a denon cd player, but i doubt anyone is interested in hearing that.

Feb 3, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #58 of 108
If you are into sweet DACs from the 90s, I've got us covered.

We are going to the store today to get chips, salsa and soda. If folks want something else, please let me know.

About tables, does anyone have a card table or two? If not, I'll pick up a few and then figure out a way to use them at work.

Feb 3, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #59 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are into sweet DACs from the 90s, I've got us covered.

We are going to the store today to get chips, salsa and soda. If folks want something else, please let me know.

About tables, does anyone have a card table or two? If not, I'll pick up a few and then figure out a way to use them at work.

Thanks Cherrybomb, those refreshments should be great. Sorry, I don't have a card table... college student

Feb 3, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #60 of 108
I can borrow a card table from a friend.

Coming over the point of the mountain with it strapped to the roof of my GTI should be interesting, but at least i have a rack up there to tie it to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back