IC: Philadelphia,Delaware and New Jersey Are mini meet
Dec 24, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #31 of 99
Just added a Little Dot MkIII and a pair of 650's to my arsenal.  I'll bring'em along.

Dec 25, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #32 of 99
Hi there... I just registered to this forum so I could post in this thread.  I'm very new to high-end audio research and don't have any equipment really... all I have is a set of Sennheiser EH-150's but I am looking to upgrade soon.  I thought attending this could be a good learning experience for me.  If it's ok, I'd love to come, except I don't have any equipment to contribute.  I can bring snacks and beer though :)

I'm hoping to be pointed in the right direction.. as of right now I'm leaning towards ordering an amp from Schiit. I'm uncertain if I should get the tube or tubeless design.  And then after that upgrading my headphones to something like the Sennheiser HD555 or the Grado SR-60i's to start. I have plenty more research to do before I order anything though.  I currently mainly listen to digital files from my pc but I'm slowly building a vinyl collection that I'd like to listen to through my new set up.

Thanks!

Dec 26, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #33 of 99

Quote:
Hi there... I just registered to this forum so I could post in this thread.  I'm very new to high-end audio research and don't have any equipment really... all I have is a set of Sennheiser EH-150's but I am looking to upgrade soon.  I thought attending this could be a good learning experience for me.  If it's ok, I'd love to come, except I don't have any equipment to contribute.  I can bring snacks and beer though :)

I'm hoping to be pointed in the right direction.. as of right now I'm leaning towards ordering an amp from Schiit. I'm uncertain if I should get the tube or tubeless design.  And then after that upgrading my headphones to something like the Sennheiser HD555 or the Grado SR-60i's to start. I have plenty more research to do before I order anything though.  I currently mainly listen to digital files from my pc but I'm slowly building a vinyl collection that I'd like to listen to through my new set up.

Thanks!

Your are welcome tto come and I am sure the gang coming will enjoy the beer. You will hear some great gear and the the best headphones on the market will all be here with both top flight solid state and tube amps. I have added you to the list.

Dec 27, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #35 of 99
It's great to see both newbies and veteran members showing up. This is what Head-Fi is all about. I know Frank will be a great host. I'll help out the best I can. If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM either Frank or myself.

I would suggest if you have a GPS to use it. If not Google Maps will do fine.

For those of you bringing equpiment and it's your first time going to a meet, make out a check list so you don't forget to bring anything or leave anything at Frank's. Things like extension cords and power strips are highly recommended. Don't forget your interconnects. If you have headphone stands, it's not a bad idea to bring those also. Bring your favorite music. The best way to test new equipment is to listen to something you already know well. There's a good change between Frank and myself we have something you know, but you can't be sure. A DAP with a mini-to-RCA cord isn't a bad idea.

As for the old timers, just come and enjoy.

See you there.

Peace,

Ross

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #36 of 99
Frank, have you been compiling a list of equipment being brought (not to add to your list of things to do since you are the host
bigsmile_face.gif
).

Dec 27, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #39 of 99
It would be great if we could get a pair of Hifiman HE-6s.  Can anyone get a pair for the meet?

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:37 AM Post #41 of 99
Also Ross was right. Do bring power strips and extension cords and your own power cables as I only have one spare cable in the house. I have maybe one other power strip that can be used for the meet. I am setting up another tables coming out of my dining room and we should be able to have 12 completes setups for sure. I will PM my phone number and address as we get closer to the meet. Aaron and our new member are bringing the beer. Ross and I are providing the food. I will also have soda for non drinkers. Its shaping up to be a nice time. I also hear Aaron wife makes a mean brownie. So if you want them send PM to Immtbiker for the brownies request.

Dec 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #42 of 99

Quote:
immtbiker has HE6 but I was waiting to see if he was going to bring any other stuff before posting it. But Aaron has a pair and last time I checked he was bringing them.

Super.  I want to see how they play with my Leben before I get them.  Ask him to bring the single-ended adapter as well as the speaker adapter (if he has that).

Dec 27, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #43 of 99
I got a phone call yesterday for a side project and decided to jump the gun and order some stuff.  I ordered a set of Grado SR125i's and the Schiit Asgard.  This seemed like a good start for me.  So I will bring these as well as the beer.  Any specific requests?

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

Your are welcome tto come and I am sure the gang coming will enjoy the beer. You will hear some great gear and the the best headphones on the market will all be here with both top flight solid state and tube amps. I have added you to the list.

Dec 27, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #44 of 99
Yuengling :)

Yes, please remember all your cords, wires, cables, connections, extension cords, power strips and what not. I'll bring an SPL meter for those that want to volume match. If anyone else has one it's not a bad idea. I'll bring my volt meter. Did you ever want to see how closely your drivers are matched? Also if you're AR like me, a few microfiber towels might come in handy.

Good list of equipment coming so far. It'll be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back