IC: Philadelphia,Delaware and New Jersey Are mini meet
Dec 12, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #17 of 99

Quote:
Quote:
I also haven't heard the HD600 and have been very interested in hearing them. The meet that Frank and myself are having isn't about who has "the best" rig. It's about trying to get together and have fun with whomever arrives and whatever gear they can bring with them. Hell, even if we all had the Q701, then at least we'd be stylin'! LoL. So bring what you got and we'll all have fun. Thanks to everyone that have tentatively signed up.

Dang, you ruined my secret surprise headphones.. LOL   My HD600's will definitely make the trip.  I need to hear them through a better amp to hear them at their best (from what I read) and I know Frank has a killer setup.  Is anyone bringing a laptop or should I pull my old Sony out for the D4 and IEM's?  If someone will have a laptop, I'll burn some FLAC files to disc and bring them instead.

Great Joey and there are many great setup that will give a feel for both tubes and solid state plus some very good Dacs and Universal players. I also have another Universal Sony SE775 that can be used for the day.

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #18 of 99
This is shaping into a nice mini meet and we still have room for 2 or 3 more. I and ross would like to have you so lets get it going for sure. I am looking forward to hearing some great gear and meeting some new head fi members.

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #19 of 99
New to the forum and would be very interested in attending.

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #21 of 99
Thanks!

Dec 16, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #23 of 99
I wanna come but I'm in the middle of delaware with no car...

edit: Maybe if I paid my friend to give me a ride to NJ, I could make it. I've never heard ANY type of high end equipment and I only own a pair of AD700s, Porta Pros, and have heard the beats(>_>). I am getting a pair of M50's soon though.

I just really wanna be able to hear the higher end audio set ups or any heralded headphones really. I especially am interested to see first hand how much difference amps(solid state and tube) make seeing as I've never used a dedicated headphone amp. I just really wanna get to know more in general but it is hard with limited money, location, and people.

Anyway, I'll check back in the future and see whats up.

Dec 18, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #24 of 99
anyone know if there's going to be a vintage AKG here at this minimeet (K240 variant, K340, etc etc)? Along with some inexpensive orthos (like Fostex) these are next on my list of things to hear, but I'm more concerned with whether or not they will even fit on my very large noggin.

Dec 19, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #25 of 99
Quote:Originally Posted by Aflac 

"anyone know if there's going to be a vintage AKG here at this minimeet (K240 variant, K340, etc etc)? Along with some inexpensive orthos (like Fostex) these are next on my list of things to hear, but I'm more concerned with whether or not they will even fit on my very large noggin."

Frank has the Fostex TP50.

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #26 of 99

Quote:
anyone know if there's going to be a vintage AKG here at this minimeet (K240 variant, K340, etc etc)? Along with some inexpensive orthos (like Fostex) these are next on my list of things to hear, but I'm more concerned with whether or not they will even fit on my very large noggin.

I do have the Fostex and am anxious to hear your Fischer and 701. I do wish someone had a 340 maybe immtbiker does not sure .

Dec 24, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #30 of 99
I would love to go, Unfortunately I work on Saturday's.
mad.gif
  Should be a great meet with lots of wonderful gear.  Have fun all.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back