IC: los angeles mini-meet near UCLA
Oct 13, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #181 of 225
Milos,
I didn't know you had an R10.  How come you never bring those but you bring the Qualia? 
smily_headphones1.gif
  Or did you just get them?  Hopefully you can bring them with you.  They are always a good phone to listen to.

Oct 13, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #183 of 225

Quote:
Milos,
I didn't know you had an R10.  How come you never bring those but you bring the Qualia? 
smily_headphones1.gif
  Or did you just get them?  Hopefully you can bring them with you.  They are always a good phone to listen to.

The Qualia was Vincent's (Deadneddz).  I didn't get the R10 until a few months ago.  I'm still debating whether or not I should bring the R10 since I'm not bringing a dynamic rig.  Not sure I want the R10 going from rig to rig at the meet.  Any suggestions?

Oct 14, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #184 of 225

Quote:
The Qualia was Vincent's (Deadneddz).  I didn't get the R10 until a few months ago.  I'm still debating whether or not I should bring the R10 since I'm not bringing a dynamic rig.  Not sure I want the R10 going from rig to rig at the meet.  Any suggestions?

Oh, you're right.  I forgot that they were his.

With regards to the R10, sure I could tell you to bring them and that we would all appreciate it, and we would.
smily_headphones1.gif
  But they are yours and you have to decide whether or not you feel comfortable with it.  I certainly would understand if you didn't (but I'd certainly love if you did).  And if you do, just be at the rig with the phones if someone wants to listen.

(If not, maybe you can come over in a month or two and we can have a session.)

Edit:  Oh wow, you have 2 pairs?  And I see you're selling one.  Wish I had that kind of money. 

Oct 14, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #185 of 225
I might keep them with me and let people listen to them on their own rig while I'm nearby.  I could do the same with the Thunderpants.  I have one nice R10 which is staying in a closet and one set that isn't really nice but I got a great deal on from a local member.  

I wouldn't mind going to your place if you want to listen one day.  What amp are you using right now?  IIRC you haven't finished that crazy B22 yet.

Oct 14, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #187 of 225
I'd love to hear the R10s on my rig.  I'm going to be bringing one or two amps, but it will be Bring Your Own Headphones.  I'll have my ATH-L300s there but I want to take them around to hear them on different set ups so they won't always be with my setup.  If you, or anyone, wants to leave an extra pair of phones with my setup it would be appreciated.

right now I'm planning on bringing:

Moth Audio Si2A3
Woo Audio 4 Upgraded (maybe if there's demand)
Denon 3930CI
ATH-L3000s

plus my portable rig:
JH11Pros
Mini3 amp

Oct 14, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #188 of 225
My exstata does not have a normal bias. Is anybody taking an amplifier with normal bias?
I could take an SRD7 but not sure what I could connect it to.

Oct 14, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #189 of 225
My Blue Hawaii has both normal and pro bias jacks.  I think you're gonna like how they scale.  I'll probably decide about the R10/TPs Saturday.

Oct 14, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #190 of 225
Oct 14, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #192 of 225
Wow, those look really nice Milos.  I've never heard them so I would really like to if you don't mind.
smile_phones.gif

Hopefully someone else will bring a pair of HD800 with them.  I will be bringing mine, but they are modded (if you can even really call it that) and good for comparisons, but I will mostly have these with me as I listen to the rigs there.

Is anyone coming with a T1?  Someone must have a pair.

Oct 14, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #193 of 225
Beautiful! Cocobolo I presume? Mine are cocobolo as well accept they're DIYed by me. I'd love to A and B them with yours. 

Oct 14, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #195 of 225

Quote:
Beautiful! Cocobolo I presume? Mine are cocobolo as well accept they're DIYed by me. I'd love to A and B them with yours. 

Desert Ironwood.  Supposedly really rare stuff, at least in pieces this big.  

I can't think of anybody local that owns the T1 off the top of my head...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back