IC: los angeles mini-meet near UCLA
Oct 13, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #151 of 225
Sure. My eXStatA is a proto built. I have a set of SS eXStatA boards, just waiting for parts to get here to start my build.

Oct 13, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #152 of 225

Quote:
Yes, we did have an issue at the Marriott meet.  This user "myk7000" walked off with a pair of Ultrasone ED8 and someone else's cable adapter which greatly affected the last 1/3 of the meet because we were searching for them, but fortunately after some intense e-mails they were returned several days later.  There have been other issues with him on here regarding the for sale forum, so if it were me I would not let him anywhere near my gear.  But aside from that we have never have any problems with theft.  The L.A. group is an awesome one and I would trust any of them in my home.  Some of us have very expensive rigs and we always respect eachother's equipment and treat them with care.

What does often happen though is someone will pick up a pair of headphones and take them to another person's rig to listen, and then leave them there.  No matter how many times it is asked for people not to do this (and to make sure they return the phones to the rig where it belongs, and only after asking the owner if it's okay first) it still happens.

But we always have a great time.  Dinners afterwards are usually the best part of the day.

Didn't know he had issues in the FS forums...that sucks.

I agree, dinner is the best part.

Quote:
And Milos, I definitely want to hear your BHSE.

I'm definitely bringing it.
smily_headphones1.gif
 It is actually a pretty over the top BH build by spritzer.  I'll try to write something up on the parts used and print it out to put next to the rig for those into that sort of thing.

Oct 13, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #153 of 225
Sure. Will bring my 2 Sigmas and eXStata. I have a proto build and getting ready to populate my SS eXStatA boards as soon as my Mouser and DigiKey orders arrive. Been working like crazy, 12 days straight by Friday night.
I was hoping to have my crossfeed build ready but not sure if I will have the time.

Oct 13, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #155 of 225
I can't wait to hear my Thunderpants out of a nice quality Tube Amp.

So far I've only been able to hear them out of my Matrix mini i, which is ok but it's definitely under powering them.

Oct 13, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #157 of 225
Chairs and tables:

A dining room table about 6' 9" long by 3 feet  with 6 chairs 
(2) 6 foot by 30 inch tables with another 6 chairs + bench that seats 4
a serving bar 3 foot by 5.5  foot, 
8.5 foot 3.5  kitchen counter with 4 stools
a coffee table 34 x 34. with couch seating all around
5 more chairs
2 desk chairs
a small round table with two chairs
Deck chairs with two low tables
A regular sized desk
a medium sized backgammon table with two chairs
A 50 inch long entertainment equipment glass table

Rooms-

A small table can go into the upper foyer
2 long tables in the lower foyer
a desk in the rear den
Long table in the rear living room
the Counter space in the kitchen
coffe table in the 8 person U- couch area in the living room
Perhaps some tables on the outside deck overlooking the ocean.

IIRC I would have had enough table space  to do the Denver meet.... but perhaps you LA guys have a lot more gear per person- HeadphoneAddict and Skylab used up a 4 foot table each, but guys like Luminette only used about 1 table setting.

With LA people so into music and sound production...maybe I am way off as compared to Denver guys.

Oct 13, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #158 of 225
Sounds good, sometimes things don't occur to you and that meet of PJ's they were real keen on getting enough tables and they were all full.  Sounds like it will be fun.

Oct 13, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #160 of 225
Just wondering how many of the other people who were interested when it was near UCLA are still coming? So far we have 5 confirmed.

Oct 13, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #161 of 225
gilency
bigrock2150
callan
strangelove
mousierguiez

I am trying to get a loaner  of some Mac tube amps for the event- those will play after the event asI'll have to go and pick them up or send a worker to get them for me. These are for the reference loudspeaker system MC275 tube on top and MC 501 monoblock 500wpc for the bottom.

Oct 13, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #162 of 225

Quote:
I can't wait to hear my Thunderpants out of a nice quality Tube Amp.

So far I've only been able to hear them out of my Matrix mini i, which is ok but it's definitely under powering them.

I have  TTVJ Millet portable hybrid tube amp...you'll probably enjoy that for rock.

Oct 13, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #165 of 225
Sounds like it will be a great meet. I want to attend, but it won't be until Friday before I know if I have Saturday free.
frown.gif

If I do manage to attend, I'll probably be bringing a gamma2, srm-252, and a lambda or two. Would need listeners or someone to provide the music and source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back